Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #166
statultra
AF Newbie

asdds

look

EPA Figures are TRUE

i have a classic prius 2 of them, which is rated 45/52 mpg

I have gotten above 60 mpg lots of times in the summer, and thats highway mileage at 80 to 90 mph and with A/C on ( speeding BTW)

your TDI cannot do that. enough said.

EPA Figures are not EXACT, you can achieve above or below with various factors, if you say that driving rough with a prius is bad, your wrong, the prius is made to be driven rough ( as in hard acceleration ) your TDI isnt, your TDI has lots of recalls
and if you get 38 mpg either your car is bad, or your just a big elephant that has outrageous body weight.

VW diesels have lots of recalls with diesels PRIUS doesnt have recalls with such components to leave the car useless.

Make : VOLKSWAGEN Model : GOLF Year : 2004
Manufacturer : VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA, INC
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V586000 Recall Date : DEC 13, 2004
Component: FUEL SYSTEM, DIESEL
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 19284

Make : VOLKSWAGEN Model : JETTA Year : 2004
Manufacturer : VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA, INC
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V586000 Recall Date : DEC 13, 2004
Component: FUEL SYSTEM, DIESEL
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 19284

the only recall prius has is
Make : TOYOTA Model : PRIUS Year : 2004
Manufacturer : TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V558000 Recall Date : NOV 18, 2004
Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:BRAKE LIGHTS:SWITCH
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 183090

If the prius has any problems they fix it free of charge, NOT WITH YOUR TDI, PLUS it gets better MPG .
statultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:55 AM   #167
statultra
AF Newbie

sads

mauleskyrocket,

you had a prius if so what year?
Old 12-24-2004, 11:00 AM   #168
statultra
AF Newbie

sadas

oh yah, what baout what you said about VW in a post before

"The Toareg is the worst VW I have ever owned. It lives in the shop. Vw cannot make high end cars and their dealers can't service them"
-mauleskyrocket,
Old 12-24-2004, 11:18 AM   #169
Volken
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by statultra
oh yah, what baout what you said about VW in a post before "The Toareg is the worst VW I have ever owned. It lives in the shop. Vw cannot make high end cars and their dealers can't service them" -mauleskyrocket,
Although I agree about Touareg, and I think those who read this topic from the beginning know that nobody ever criticized diesel more harshly then me....Phaeton is truly a rare bird in milieu of decent and profiled industrial design. Even Audi A8 is short in comparison of Phaeton.

It would take several posts just to make a list of technological achievements found in Phaeton. It does present a mild reflection of Passat, but that resemblance is only a skin deep until you study this design within a touch of your hand. Truly a fantastic car, from standpoint of design.

That flair of hedonist mien however does not substitutes a wis of making priority to what is more important on evolutionary scale and that be nature

As for Touareg it is a shame in 2002 to have V10 diesel,one barely capable to pass Euro III norm (((

I wont even compare this to regulation in US, because it is scary
Old 12-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #170
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Prius--my view

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1701a
Sorry, it's hard to keep up with all the requests... but at least I try.http://john1701a.com
Well, I have heard time to understand you found my mail uninteresting,

I provided the first promo pictures from Europe?s Prius

Also mysterious prototype of Japanese version (video with 2 Japanese test drivers)

I asked you concrete questions about audio systems only known to more advanced Prius users, sadly all this made you silent for months
Old 12-24-2004, 05:42 PM   #171
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

You are a European tree hugger. We are discussing the Prius not the VW. How about listing the U.S. bulletins on that dog.
mauleskyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 08:14 PM   #172
john1701a
AF Newbie

SHOW ME THE DATA!

You may make any claim you want. But without anything to support it, what's the point?

If diesel were such a great choice, how come it is at the bottom of the list for clean emissions and it rates close to the bottom for reliability?

Also note that for the 2004 model year, all of VW's US sales *combined* for *all* of their diesel model vehicles only totalled 35,000. So don't even attempt to quote the high resale value. With quantities so small, of course the used ones sell for a premium.

The HSD system in Prius is remarkably simple, and it is proving to be a very realistic choice. That is why Toyota is planning to offer a hybrid option for *every* passenger vehicle they sell by 2010.

JOHN
http://john1701a.com
john1701a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 09:08 PM   #173
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Prius, the Truth

This is a ridiculous stance. A Hybrid might be the anwer in 2010 and then it may not. I would like every person who does not own one and have to say they love it (unlike me ---who dumpt the dog) to test drive one and realize that driving as you knew and dare I say"enjoyed" (not allowed in a liberal world) is not even vaguely present. This car is zero fun. There I said it.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:17 AM   #174
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: Prius--my view

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleskyrocket
You are a European tree hugger. We are discussing the Prius not the VW. How about listing the U.S. bulletins on that dog.
Mauleskyrocket, my flying Talledega buddy,

Some substance is required when writing about anything.
I mentioned Volkswagen because you spoke about the same here, and then I returned to Prius.

I believe I have posted more then plenty reflecting the Prius and considering all the links and designs posted previously, It was me who posted the link to John's fantastic site long ago

The reason why I never purchased the Prius was for one, lack of decent support for Prius, terribly late shipment in EU, and automatic transmission.

I use CNG (Earth Gas) as main driving source specially in the city drive so I can not only match Prius contribution to cleaner air but in some points even surpass them,because CNG exhaust is unmatched even with moderate Prius petrol emission.

If only they would employ a manual shift in Prius 3, and I'll be the first owner here

...And for city parking I need less space, the car is too large for city drive in EU crowded streets (I know, this sounds strange to US)

But I'm content Prius is such sale success in states and the same actually brought shortage in shipment to EU to please your market, that is a great thing after all, great for environment and trend of recognizing this segment for future buyers

But there is no getting away mauleskyrocket....every time anyone here requested for you to present you pictures, any picture of your late Prius, you always either move to another topic or simply keep this in silence!

Most of the people presented their pictures, I certainly have elsewhere on this forum for other cars owned, but in your case this makes all you statements somewhat doubtful

How about finally show us some pictures ?

You said after Prius you purchased a Saab,...now you own (in your info.) Volkswagen Touareg???

For owner of this car, it is strange you even wrote the name wrong in you information details

Thank you for your wishes, same to you and have a great holidays,
naturally, I wish you all a great holidays.

PS: From bottom of my heart I hope time will
come for you to realize that environment has no party!

It belongs to everyone and it leaves responsibilities and bills for
our conducts.

Each party needs to breath just the same. I couldn't care less for
any of those parties, it is all the same to me, same system,different
positions, but the same system
Old 12-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #175
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Prius, the Truth

Usualy Volken I take a picture of a car I like or a plane for that matterIf you want a SAAB fighter, a Lambo or an Aston (the latter two are in the garage). You are right re space and clean air. Most pollution now however, especially in the old Eastern bloc, is Industrial. I know that first hand. The catalytic industrial stack sweeper in the West has dramatically cleaned the air and the converter on cars has also played a major role here. New York now to New York 25 years ago---no comparison--it is like the country now. Mississippi really does not have that problem I am glad you don't own one Volken. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:33 AM   #176
CaptainApollo
AF Regular

stop insulting people and calling them liars when they are speaking the truth. i've gotten 54 on the highway with A/C and with 2 OTHER people besides myself so stop accusing people of lying.

Merry Christmas to you too.
CaptainApollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 02:23 AM   #177
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Prius, the Truth

Of course your not telling a lie----just a gross exageration.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:39 PM   #178
CaptainApollo
AF Regular

stop insulting people and calling them liars when they are speaking the truth. i've gotten 54 on the highway with A/C and with 2 OTHER people besides myself so stop accusing people of lying.

Merry Christmas to you too.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:25 PM   #179
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Prius, the Truth

Ok Apollo. If you say it then it is so. Nevermind the slow lane. It doen't exist. Have a Prius New Year.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:29 PM   #180
CaptainApollo
AF Regular

you're right. i don't use the slow lane

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General