Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 03:19 PM   #16
LiuBei
AF Regular

Unless the Porsche says Turbo on it the HONDA-MADE NSX will win. Besides Acura's are just plain better cars.
Old 05-02-2002, 01:40 AM   #17
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
Quote:
Unless the Porsche says Turbo on it the HONDA-MADE NSX will win. Besides Acura's are just plain better cars.
never been said better..
Old 05-02-2002, 02:27 AM   #18
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_S8

Guys from BM aren't used to shift with right hand , that's why the guy had to look down all the time , that's the reason.... 98+ 911s are too luxurious and heavy IMO , but any 993 would beat the hell out of the NSX... Not to metnion that for a price of a NSX you can get 993 Turbo which eats almost anything out there in any conditions and whatever you compare , top end , acceleration , handling or BRAKING , nothing comes close to porsche brakes...:bandit: ... 911 for me...
Hmmmmm I will wave the BS flag over this one, a 993 Carrera will sell for about the same as an NSX and te NSX will spank it, the more expensive Carrera 4S and Turbo, will probably edge off the NSX, but they are WAY more expensive, you could buy a new NSX and an Accord VTi-L V6 for the price of a 993 Turbo at least here in New Zealand anyway, basically the NSX is perfection- Luxurious, fast, powerful, superb track car, easy to drive around town as a Honda Fit, reliable, individual (There is like a million Porsches on the roads here) and god-damn sexy.................
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 06:05 AM   #19
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
Quote:
Originally posted by Moss1O6GTi

Hmmmmm I will wave the BS flag over this one, a 993 Carrera will sell for about the same as an NSX and te NSX will spank it, the more expensive Carrera 4S and Turbo, will probably edge off the NSX, but they are WAY more expensive, you could buy a new NSX and an Accord VTi-L V6 for the price of a 993 Turbo at least here in New Zealand anyway, basically the NSX is perfection- Luxurious, fast, powerful, superb track car, easy to drive around town as a Honda Fit, reliable, individual (There is like a million Porsches on the roads here) and god-damn sexy.................
Excuse me , but i live in Europe , and see here:
NSX: first , second and third those are the recent NSXs i could find , you can also get a 91 model like this
And here are some porsches that can kill it without a doubt and aren't more expensive... one , two , three , four ... hell the list goes on forever , and they all spank NSXs all the time... Especially in wet... :finger:
Btw... fancy some 500+ hp rufs? They're also cheaper then your NSX
like this or this Both of those can get like 325 km/h or even more and are AWD... So put it in your pipe and smoke it...
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 05:18 PM   #20
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
so yeah.
you show some factory "modded" 911s, like turbos etc, and say the are quicker than an nsx. well, they better be, considering the hp advantage.

the thread is about an nsx vs 911. doesnt say turbo.

so that kills alot. it doesnt say modified cars.

granted, i see where you are coming from but hey, it's a bit on the liberal side of the spectrum.
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 03:46 AM   #21
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by flylwsi
so yeah.
you show some factory "modded" 911s, like turbos etc, and say the are quicker than an nsx. well, they better be, considering the hp advantage.

the thread is about an nsx vs 911. doesnt say turbo.

so that kills alot. it doesnt say modified cars.

granted, i see where you are coming from but hey, it's a bit on the liberal side of the spectrum.
Damn , they aren't modified , there were 1000s of them selled stock this way... yes they have 408 hp from the factory with no mods... how can i compare a 911 to NSX when for a NSX from f.e 97 year i can almost buy two 911 regular 911s? It's not fair , it's like i wanted to compare NSX to a Diablo...
Old 05-03-2002, 04:06 AM   #22
Bean Bandit
AF Enthusiast

I'll go for Porsche 1st It's simply better 2nd Toms right!
Fun is not a straight line. AFs member #299, loyal european support since 02/2001.
Bean Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 05:24 AM   #23
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Bean Bandit
Toms right!
WORD ... :bandit: :finger:
Old 05-04-2002, 11:55 PM   #24
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Toms only right if you live in Europe. Where excessive tarifs and taxes on Japanese cars makes owning an NSX an expensive option.

If you want to compare the two cars on bang for your buck then in Europe the 911 is the better choice, down here in New Zealand the NSX is an absolute bargin, and in the States it comes down to your own personal choice.

If you want to forget about the price differnces in differnt countrys then the NSX is simply the better car. The only great thing porsche have ever done is make a Beetle that handles. Its a truely great enginering acomplishment, but not something I would personal be all that proud of.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:44 PM   #25
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

ok tom...
my point was that there are options above and beyond the n/a cars from porsche... i guess that is what i meant... you can't compare a turbo car with 100 more hp to the nsx. it won't happen. that is all i meant.

and if you read the post again... i said "factory modded" meaning that they were not n/a not that they were some wild cars like RUF or something... just that they were a step above...

it's the same with an nsx type zero s. i would consider that factory modified...

gettin it? i never said an nsx could beat a turbo 911...
Old 05-08-2002, 12:58 AM   #26
chaoticlighter
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to chaoticlighter
YEAH.. the 911 for sure.... porshes have great handling, breaking... plus it has more HP and torque... also lighter... why in the world do you think the NSX would win?
chaoticlighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 06:58 AM   #27
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by flylwsi
ok tom...
my point was that there are options above and beyond the n/a cars from porsche... i guess that is what i meant... you can't compare a turbo car with 100 more hp to the nsx. it won't happen. that is all i meant.

and if you read the post again... i said "factory modded" meaning that they were not n/a not that they were some wild cars like RUF or something... just that they were a step above...

it's the same with an nsx type zero s. i would consider that factory modified...

gettin it? i never said an nsx could beat a turbo 911...
Yeah but here you can compare NA porsche to NSX because Porsche is like 2 times cheaper... And Turbos are cheaper then NSX too... I know that it's the other way round f.e. in Japan or Australia.... So i can compare 100 more hp porsche to the NSX and i still win with everything including price... And the wild rufs are the last two , the others aren't anything special afterall , there are 1000s of cars like that rolling on roads...
Old 05-08-2002, 07:58 PM   #28
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

for the guy rollin in a diplomat...

we would not debate the topic if it couldnt go either way... an nsx can beat a porsche. was that so hard to say? try it...

it wont beat all of em, but a porsche wont beat every nsx either...

tom... i think we are gettin it...
Old 05-09-2002, 02:44 PM   #29
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

:o ... arguing on internet... i won't convince you and you won't convice me... Anyway with equal drivers porsche will not lose... and the NSX is really waaaaay overpriced... .. ok...

so after all... give it up...
Old 05-09-2002, 03:10 PM   #30
LiuBei
AF Regular

But I love argueing senseless debates. Especially on cars I will never have and foresay if I did have, I would spend more time driving them and probably no time on the internet. Anyone to second that notion?