Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #16
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Re: Sources for TT front clip / JRAuto.com

Well, now I'm starting to get excited. I have confirmation that the TT clip @ Venus is a manual transmission. I'll be talking to them, & getting pictures, mileage, & a few other details on Monday. Crossing my fingers in hopes that I don't find out something negative with this clip on Monday.
IMD12C4INFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #17
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMD12C4INFO
Well, now I'm starting to get excited. I have confirmation that the TT clip @ Venus is a manual transmission. I'll be talking to them, & getting pictures, mileage, & a few other details on Monday. Crossing my fingers in hopes that I don't find out something negative with this clip on Monday.
i wish you the best of luck...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #18
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

I talked to Venus Auto about this clip today, & they said it doesn't have the dash, or instrument cluster in it, so it looks like there's no way to know how many kilometers are on this clip. Should've known there would be some problem with it. I've never even seen a clip that didn't have the dash & cluster in it. Have you?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #19
instant noodle
AF Newbie

Hi. I'm not sure if you want to buy your motor or parts from Venus Auto in Sacramento, because I've had a very bad experience buying a motor from them. I bought a front clip from them about 4 months ago and before buying the owner of Venus Auto, Ronald, said that it was in good condition and that the compression was great on all cylinders. When my clip came it was all banged up, rusted and looked like crap. I quickly checked the motor and found that it was rusted inside and the compression numbers were way off from what he told me. Then I called Ronald back and said that the motor was rusted and he told me that they all have some rust because they all old and I can't expect the condition to be good since the price is cheap. But what can I do with a rusted motor. I ended up not getting any type of reimbursement back and got stuck with a crapped out clip and bad running motor. DON'T BUT FROM VENUS AUTO. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND A HEADACHE.
instant noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #20
ultra-yellowZX
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMD12C4INFO
I have a '93 Z convertible (I'm in minnesota), that just developed an engine problem, so I decided now is the time to do a TT swap. I found a complete 5 speed TT front clip @ www.jrautoparts.com for $2150 + shipping. Has anyone ever dealt with this company? Any other suggestions of a good source for the front clip at a reasonable price?
I'm Thinking of buying a front clip from them to there location is only 15 miles away from me I seen the engine & It looks good I see no rust on it the engine look's clean I the guy tolled me that he could star the engine for me befor I buy it.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
vicmtzmtz
AF Newbie

Do not buy from speedline!!! Its a bad nightmare with Arley. He sold me a bum engine with no oil pressure, and his reaction was that I was taking up his time. He wanted me to send back the engine, of course me paying the shipping for the both the replacement and the bummed engine. Lets not leave out the fact that I had to pay a mechanic to do all this work. My 300zx is still dead, but this time I'm saving the money for conceptZperformance. Do not waste any money/time with Arley, save it and go with the proven.
vicmtzmtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #22
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicmtzmtz
Do not buy from speedline!!! Its a bad nightmare with Arley. He sold me a bum engine with no oil pressure, and his reaction was that I was taking up his time. He wanted me to send back the engine, of course me paying the shipping for the both the replacement and the bummed engine. Lets not leave out the fact that I had to pay a mechanic to do all this work. My 300zx is still dead, but this time I'm saving the money for conceptZperformance. Do not waste any money/time with Arley, save it and go with the proven.
Did you put a new oil pan on the engine before you installed it? If not, that is almost certainly why you don't have oil pressure. 99% of the Japanese import engines you buy have been sitting on the floor on their oil pan. That dents the bottom. The oil pump is very close to the oil pan, & when the pan get dented, it keeps the pump from being able to suck in oil. Install a new oil pan & you will almost certainly have good oil pressure.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #23
Tach_it
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tach_it

There are many places you can risk spending your money on a clip that you are not 100% sure of the condition. There are some clips that are slightly better than others (every clip is not going to have every component in excellent condition) what I am trying to say is that you are dealing with half a vehicle from overseas so there is always some risk in not who it's previous owners were. My advice to you is to get as much detailed information as possible. As an employee of Z1 Motorsports I can assist you in recieving a good quality clip and reasonable price, for you pay for what you get. If you spend 2,000$ on a clip yeah it is more likely to have problems. If you got any questions ask I would be more than willing to help because I can't stand people who practice bad business and like to rip enthusiast off. You can email me at nick@300zx.com and I can give you more detailed information or we could talk on Monday. Either way shoot me a line, I always like to help a fellow Fairlady owner.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #24
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tach_it
There are many places you can risk spending your money on a clip that you are not 100% sure of the condition. There are some clips that are slightly better than others (every clip is not going to have every component in excellent condition) what I am trying to say is that you are dealing with half a vehicle from overseas so there is always some risk in not who it's previous owners were. My advice to you is to get as much detailed information as possible. As an employee of Z1 Motorsports I can assist you in recieving a good quality clip and reasonable price, for you pay for what you get. If you spend 2,000$ on a clip yeah it is more likely to have problems. If you got any questions ask I would be more than willing to help because I can't stand people who practice bad business and like to rip enthusiast off. You can email me at nick@300zx.com and I can give you more detailed information or we could talk on Monday. Either way shoot me a line, I always like to help a fellow Fairlady owner.
Hi Nick. I started this thread in September 2006, so I bought a clip long ago & it's in the car & working perfect. Nobody doubts that a Z1 clip will be a good clip, because you run them to be sure. The main reasons I didn't buy one from Z1 was 1) The price is at the top of the range for Z32 front clips 2) On top of the price of the clip, add $500 plus, to get it shipped to you. 3) Z1 removes everything from their clips except what is necessary for the conversion, & sells it themselves. I imported one from Japan myself. It took 2 months to get here, but it was winter & I had time to wait. I paid $2500 including shipping via container ship & train all the way to Minnesota, so $2500 was the total price. I got everything with it, including the hood, fenders, headlights, speedometer cluster, front bumper, brakes, suspension, ecu, t-bodies, & everything else that Z1 doesn't include with their clip. Selling the parts that I didn't need from the clip helped finance the project. That probably reduced the cost down to around $1000. Taking all of that into consideration made the Z1 clip very expensive. Granted, what I did was much more of a risk, but around $1000 versus more than $3500 made it worth taking a little risk. I have bought many parts from Z1 & have always been satisfied with the parts & the service I received. But if I was buying another front clip today, I would definitely look for one that comes complete with all of the parts.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #25
Tach_it
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tach_it

I guess I didn't really look at the date, but I am glad you were able to get a clip a reasonable price. I can't agrue some one finding a better deal, for the main reason of the high cost of clips is probaly due to the increased difficulty of importing front clips and dealing with increased restrictions on customs. Either way I am glad for you to have some real power, and if you ever need help locating some new or used parts drop me a line at nick@300zx.com.
By the way have you had the car on a dyno?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #26
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Quote:
I guess I didn't really look at the date, but I am glad you were able to get a clip a reasonable price. I can't agrue some one finding a better deal, for the main reason of the high cost of clips is probaly due to the increased difficulty of importing front clips and dealing with increased restrictions on customs. Either way I am glad for you to have some real power, and if you ever need help locating some new or used parts drop me a line at nick@300zx.com.
I have had it on the dyno twice. Last year, shortly after completing (most of) the TT conversion, it did 443 rwhp on stock intercoolers on a 93 degree day on 16 psi boost. Then, over the winter, I added Z1 Side mount intercoolers & a few other things. I turned the boost up to 20 psi, added 111 octane race fuel, & switched the Ash-Spec program to the "race fuel" setting, & it only did 455 rwhp on a 55 degree day. It should have been much higher, which means I have a boost leak, or something else going on. I will have to do some checking into what's going on. A little background on the car's mods, many of which came from Z1 Motorsports: JWT Sport 700 turbos, Stillen ported & polished exhaust manifolds~Power Enterprise 850cc fuel injectors~Ported & Machined lower plenum with bosses cut for new style fuel rails~New style oem fuel rails ~ Z1 front mount intercoolers~Ash-Spec ECU with 2 programs (1 for pump fuel & 1 for race fuel)~Walbro hi flow fuel pumpDoolz dual pop intake with 2 JWT performance power intakes~JWT performance street clutch & pressure plate~3", stainless steel 5 bolt downpipes ~ 3" exhaust all the way back W/ Random Technology high flow cats ~ Greddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller ~ Stainless steel clutch line~ASP under drive pulley~One piece driveshaft ~ Z1 short throw shifter ~ Kaixen HID headlight conversion~17” 5 spoke alloy wheels ~Michelin Pilot Sport tires. 255-40-17's rear & 225-45-17's front
Old 06-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #27
IMD12C4INFO
AF Newbie

Quote:
By the way, what kind of new difficulties are there in dealing with customs? Not planning on importing another, just kind of curious what kind of new crap they came up with to make everyones life more difficult.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)