Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: what do u think is the best.?
ferrari F50 5 14.71%
porsche 911 GT2 4 11.76%
lamborghini diablo GTR 4 11.76%
mclaren F1LM 13 38.24%
mercedes CLK-GTR 2 5.88%
dodge viper GTS-R 3 8.82%
corvette C5-R 2 5.88%
TVR tuscan speed 12 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 06:41 PM   #31
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by crayzayjay
hehe... i wouldnt say the F1 isnt special to drive. ok aesthetically it could have been more dramatic or flamboyant but thats about all that you can say is wrong with it!
i wouldnt say it isnt special to drive either.........compared with normal cars. but the cars in this poll arent normal cars.

Maybe its flaw lies in the fact it is so good. ferraris, lambos etc. arent perfect. they are all either noisy, they leak, you cant see out of the back of them, they rattle, they break down. the fact the mclaren does none of these makes it seem kinda like a normal family car, instead of the amazing machine that it is.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:56 PM   #32
What ya Smoking?!?
AF Enthusiast

i love the look of the F-50!!:bandit: :smoka: :smoker2: :badass:
Old 06-19-2002, 04:59 PM   #33
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
i wouldnt say it isnt special to drive either.........compared with normal cars. but the cars in this poll arent normal cars.
did you see tiff needell have an orgasm when he drove the thing? it appears to be as close to motoring perfection as it gets, from what ive read and heard about it. if thats not special, NOTHING IS.

Quote:
Maybe its flaw lies in the fact it is so good. ferraris, lambos etc. arent perfect. they are all either noisy, they leak, you cant see out of the back of them, they rattle, they break down. the fact the mclaren does none of these makes it seem kinda like a normal family car, instead of the amazing machine that it is.
the Mclaren has so many inbuilt gizmos, enabling you to contact thw Woking factory, so you can fix it on the spot if it breaks down..... how can you say it seems like a normal family car?????? more like a spaceship!!!! maybe you havent seen one drive by on the road. neither have i, but i guarantee when or if it happens my jaw will hit the pavement.. i suspect yours might, too

cheers,
jay
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 05:14 PM   #34
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by crayzayjay

the Mclaren has so many inbuilt gizmos, enabling you to contact thw Woking factory, so you can fix it on the spot if it breaks down..... how can you say it seems like a normal family car?????? more like a spaceship!!!! maybe you havent seen one drive by on the road. neither have i, but i guarantee when or if it happens my jaw will hit the pavement.. i suspect yours might, too

cheers,
jay
i have actually seen one on the road. and to be honest it didnt stand out all that much. Maybe i am explaining myself badly, but you must know where i am coming from when i say that the McLaren doesnt have the same sort of passion as a Ferrari. Its just something about Ferraris, Lamborghini's etc. that sets them apart from cars like the Mclaren
Old 06-19-2002, 05:32 PM   #35
crayzayjay
CFA

fair enough. personally, ive seen so many ferraris it would take an F40 or F50 to get me to really drool over one.... 355s, 360s and maranellos are nice but there are so many of them... ive seen them in showrooms, but a mclaren F1 would definitely have me drooling
Old 06-19-2002, 05:59 PM   #36
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

yeh, i neva mean to say mclarens are bad cars, its just i think they have a little something missing. but i guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we could keep arguing forever over this.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:07 PM   #37
Ando_Rules
AF Enthusiast

id picked the F1LM because it just kills the compitition but all the other cars r still really nice
Ando_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 08:24 PM   #38
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
we could keep arguing forever over this.
but isnt that what forums are for?
Old 06-21-2002, 04:59 AM   #39
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

i guess ur rite!

england lost
Old 06-21-2002, 08:35 AM   #40
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
btw i have just looked over that poll once again and what comes into my mind... what the fuck is TVR tuscan speed 12... i thought it's cerbera speed 12 or just speed 12... i would have edited the poll but maybe there's something i don't know or it was done on purpose for some reason ...
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 08:39 AM   #41
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R

england lost

sorry to tell this but they deserved this... ronaldinho got a red card for no reason and then they didn't score even with this advantage... brazil was the better team this time...
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 11:16 AM   #42
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
It's just Speed 12, there's no "tuscan" speed 12
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Fliquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 11:27 AM   #43
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_S8

sorry to tell this but they deserved this... ronaldinho got a red card for no reason and then they didn't score even with this advantage... brazil was the better team this time...
they did deserve it i hate to admit. we played shit, but then again so did brazil. ur rite, ronaldinho shudnt have been sent off, but also beckham shud hav been awarded a penalty wen lucio (i think it was him) took out his legs. ronaldinhos red card was the worst thing that could have happened, it just made brazil stick together and be more determined. i think this world cup could be setting itself up for a crap final now only one decent team is left in it(brazil for those of you who dont watch football)
Old 06-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #44
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
i think this world cup could be setting itself up for a crap final now only one decent team is left in it
Too true... It was always going to hurt the tournament that probably the 3 best teams France, Argentina, & Italy, (which i still think are the best teams in the world ability-wise) all played like sh*t and got knocked out in the earliest stages of the competition. But then they deserved to get knocked out the way they played, so you cant really complain, especially France & Italy as their draw was not particularly difficult. Its refreshing to see new teams like South Korea progressing so much but once the match kicks off there will be a lack of quality for sure... its been a weird old world cup