Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
graygoose
AF Regular

in need of some serious help

I bought a 1988 suzuki samurai yesterday ...2 hours later I broke it...I think....I drove it home just find...decided to take it for a drive so I went to taco bell and noticed and nice dirt spot to test out my fourwheel drive....so I pull in the dirt....get out and set both hubs to lock..then put it in 4L then take of..and stay in second gear prob did a top speed of 15mph then I put it back in first and drove it around for a bit and then got out set the hubs to FREE..then try to put it back in 2wd....but the 4x4 knob only moved once out of 4wd and locked up......it won't go anywhere.....and I could put the vehicle in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th...without holding the clutch down and stalling or anything.........im really screwed....and the car won't go into gear ...it wont move at all...well unless I push it...the car start just fine...but and gear it stay in neutral..all gears just just make the engine riv........help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
graygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
barberi560
AF Newbie

Re: in need of some serious help

your shifter seat is worn out. The transfer case is stuck in neutral. search the web they sell a better than oem quality one every where for around 20 bucks.
barberi560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
caryabhi127
AF Newbie

How much you lost in this deal?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
elkhunter2981
AF Newbie

i can tell you what is going on ive had a couple guys call me with this problem. the t-case shifts in a u patern if its not you have to take your t-case shifter out and the boot off. to get the shifter out climb under the sammy and push the rubber boot off of the t-case then take your fingers and put them on top right at the base of the shifter and push down and turn once you get the shifter out make sure both of your shifting forks are in line the one on the pas. side should be all the way forward the one on the driver side should be in line when you get that done put your shifter back in and shift into 2wd it should be fine good luck
elkhunter2981 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai