Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:32 AM   #16
ReverseScamology
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Best Street racing Car Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiquae07 View Post
most street races occur from about 65-135 or so. there is rarely an instance where going over 140 is needed, or used for a race unless its neck and neck. no one really races from a dig anymore. the closest thing to a dig these days are 20mph rolls so people dont just spin at the line, as turbo and high hp fwd cars are common now.

basically your looking at what can accelerate to 135 or so the fastest from 65 give or take.
Thats where the vette and Elise is good, they are light and pick up speed quickly because of their high power to weight ratio. they corner well at these speeds too and not many people will be able to catch u, provided you a good driver. the Viper to too front heavy for corners, so u have under steer then snap over-steer. I think the vette or a new engined Elise will beat it there.

This argument is really developing, nice work guys!
ReverseScamology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
TatII
AF Fanatic

Re: Best Street racing Car Ever?

The elise ( when stock atleast ) is not very good past 100mph. They have good initial get up and go but run out of steam because of the lack of power and their downforce producing aero. That is why its top speed is only in the 140mph range even though it can run a mid 13 second 1/4 mile.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 AM   #18
ReverseScamology
AF Newbie

Arrow Re: Best Street racing Car Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII View Post
The elise ( when stock atleast ) is not very good past 100mph. They have good initial get up and go but run out of steam because of the lack of power and their downforce producing aero. That is why its top speed is only in the 140mph range even though it can run a mid 13 second 1/4 mile.
yea i agree, but thats stock, there is a tuning company in brit that took an Elise and strengthened the chassis and dropped a 1000hp engine in it. and it goes like hell. they obviously also did many aero packages to deal with the high sped, but that would all cost a fortune. Thats why id stil go with the vette and mod it.
ReverseScamology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseScamology View Post
yea i agree, but thats stock, there is a tuning company in brit that took an Elise and strengthened the chassis and dropped a 1000hp engine in it. and it goes like hell. they obviously also did many aero packages to deal with the high sped, but that would all cost a fortune. Thats why id stil go with the vette and mod it.
http://fast-autos.net/vehicles/Hennessey/2011/Venom_GT/
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseScamology View Post
Thats where the vette and Elise is good, they are light and pick up speed quickly because of their high power to weight ratio. they corner well at these speeds too and not many people will be able to catch u, provided you a good driver. the Viper to too front heavy for corners, so u have under steer then snap over-steer. I think the vette or a new engined Elise will beat it there.
The Viper handles just fine as long you're not a nimrod. After all, it holds the fastest production time on the ring. The Elise to too light to add a ton of power to and hit high speeds. Without lowering it to levels not usable on the street you're going to have a real problem with lift at higher speeds.

Also, handling isn't an issue with street racing.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #21
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiquae07 View Post
most street races occur from about 65-135 or so. there is rarely an instance where going over 140 is needed, or used for a race unless its neck and neck. no one really races from a dig anymore. the closest thing to a dig these days are 20mph rolls so people dont just spin at the line, as turbo and high hp fwd cars are common now.

basically your looking at what can accelerate to 135 or so the fastest from 65 give or take.

only once did i go over 135mph in a street race. 150 walking a transam

good ol days
Old 07-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #22
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4 View Post
only once did i go over 135mph in a street race. 150 walking a transam

good ol days
Last time I really went that fast was in the Speed3 running a 'Stang. Neck and neck till 130ish, then really slowly starting pulling him.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #23
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII View Post
In all fairness the C6 Z06 is very nice, but I would go with the GTR just because I'm more of a import fan and that the GTR is overall a better car even though mod for mod it would get walked by a Z06 at speeds above 120mph+

Minus the GTR's weak transmission...

The performance car that can't run it's own numbers for fear of Transmission destruction.

Although, it beats the LF-A in just about every performance category... and costs over $200k less. haha.. so, a Win there.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #24
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post

The performance car that can't run it's own numbers for fear of Transmission destruction.

Although, it beats the LF-A in just about every performance category... and costs over $200k less. haha.. so, a Win there.
Eh, just throw in an Alison transmission.

/troll

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #25
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post

Eh, the LF-A and the GT-R are both crap. I'll take a 458 Italia. MUCH better looking and only a tenth slower than the Enzo on the TG test track.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #26
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

I'm gonna say that the 2006 350Z is the best Street Racing car because when a Viper and I when blasting by a cop today, he went after the Viper, not me. So I can race and not get caught by the cops!!!!
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #27
pennywel
AF Newbie

Let me throw a wrench in the works and return this exchange to the reality of $$$ limits. Ford just announced the return of the Boss 302 Mustang for 2012. They stated in their news release that the lap time of the Boss @ Leguna Seca is better than that of the 2010 BMW M3. I've got to get me a powerful curve-cutter that will as well take me 6 hours out of state without a tow truck in my rearview, 50 lbs of tool in the trunk, or a broke back. The 04 to 06 E46 M3 has been under investigation, but the mod parts cost so much more. Give me some ideas and wisdom.
pennywel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #28
Muscletang
AF Premium User

Good God man at least give us something to go by. Price? Money to work with? Light to light racing? Highway runs? Price range?

The Terminator '03 Cobra.

Yeah, I'm biased, sue me.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #29
pennywel
AF Newbie

Okay then. I thought about the '03/'04 Terminator - my oldest brother has a jet black Roush model w/ red trim. But I heard the chassis has too much flex for road track. For a max of $70K, get a new '11 Mustang 5.0 with comfort features, replace the fenders, hood & doors w/ carbon fiber from ASD Motorsports in Charlotte, NC, install aluminum flywheel & driveshaft, add a roll-cage for safety that allows use of backseat - I'm shooting for functional comfort, convienience, & road performance - I might not be able to do it all. But I don't want some pre-madonna ride that stays in the garage 3/4's of the year, nor do I want a ragged-out race ride that'll jar my teeth out of my head. I'll add big brakes front & rear, adjustable coilovers on all four corners as well as larger sway bars front & rear. As for a power-adder, I'm leaning towards a centrifugal supercharger to ease launching. Furthermore, I'd like to match the vette & 911 with 12 inch wide rear tires. Ideally, I do not want to tub the rear or flare the the rear wheel wells, but I'll lean toward the later if necessary. I'm planning as well to do anything else I can to reduce weight while maintaining functional comfort. Someone might suggest getting a Corvette Grand Sport - that idea is in the back of my mind. But I do like playing the role of the underdog and looking a bit more incognito. If I switch to one of the so-called rice-burners from Japan, I'd lean towards a G-37. Initial dependability and mods that do not require organ donation are both important, as well as rear-wheel drive. I'll complete a number of the installs while my brother's shop will handle the body and paint. Given the above and dollar limit, I'm open to other ideas.
pennywel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #30
UnderEstimate Me
AF Enthusiast

Jesus, I come back here for two seconds and already I want to rip my eyes out.

2005 Neon

Stage 1 PCM l K&N CAI l Mopar rice plate l 3'' TBE l Spring mod l PB shift knob l Mopar strut bars F&R l ACR sways l Tokico Shocks/ Tein Springs l Ricey wing removal l JMB Catch Can l QW FMIC l Autometer WB l Diablosport Predator
UnderEstimate Me is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing