Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
sliguy101
AF Newbie

illegal left turn

hi, i got a ticket for making an illegal left turn and crossing a double solid yellow line. I was coming out of a market place and came to a stop sign. The road i was about to enter had two double soldi yellow lines in the middle. But instead of making a right turn, i made a left and crossed the lines. The cop pulled me over asking me if i knew what i did. i told him that i didn't(it was the truth). he then told me that i crossed an international no crossing line.
The reason that i didnt know this was illegal was because i saw numerous other cars do the same exact thing that i did. In addition, i once saw a motorcycle cop parked on the sidewalk. he then drove off the sidewalk and drove straight through the double solid yellow lines to go to the other side of the street. he didnt turn right like he was supposed to. The cop didn't have any lights or sirens on when he did this so i dont think he was chasing anyone. After a cop and multiple drivers do this i was under the impression that we could cross the lines as long as it was safe. can i argue that its similar to an officer tricking me into crossing the lines. Is there any way that i can fight this? thanks
sliguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only