Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fusion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
mech3
AF Newbie

2011 fusion fuel fill

Anyone know how the fuel inlet pipe on a fusion passes an evap. system readiness test when it has no fuel cap to seal the system?
mech3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
TaurusKing
AF Regular

Re: 2011 fusion fuel fill

I have a 2010 with the capless fill, it seals itself. Don't really know what was wrong with still using a regular old gas cap. Also, I just had the filler pipe replaced, the plastic end piece where you place the gas nozzle apparently broke from the filler pipe. No idea how, opened the fuel door there it was. The only purpose I can see for the piece is that it seals the opening from crap getting thrown up from the rear tire. Didn't affect the operation of the capless fill though. Cost 245 dollars for the dealer to replace it, part is like 85 dollars. Luckily I have a super extended warranty package that damn near covers everything, cost me 100 bucks deductible. I'm not a big extended warranty guy, however they gave me a super price deal. Last year they replaced almost the entire ac system, waited 2 weeks for the compressor alone. Mechanic told me a lot of issues with these newer systems, nowhere near as good as the older ones. I also own a couple of Taurus's 99, 94. They will put this Fusion to shame in the ac dept, not close.
TaurusKing is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fusion