Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Performance
Performance Anything you ever wanted to know about boosting the performance of your Cavalier.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #16
Android_Gimpy6456
AF Newbie

Re: HOW TO: Boost Your Car

Ok just for the fun of it, has anyone ever turboed a 2.2 tbi? I just wanted to ask because these blocks are damn near indistructable. Or can you bolt a different head onto a 90 2.2 block that will give me,it, more power, I DONT want to motor swap PERIOD. Also dont give me the these motors suck rutine. I've seen what these motors can do sprayed and blown and it would make you think twice about a ohc or a dohc motor being "the best motor for a cavy {4 cylinder} of course" At 100 bhp it seems these cars are just grocery getters but have you seen a 91 2.2 blow a way a 5.0 mustang with a 50 shot of nos or better yet a dodge magnum motor in a plymouth laser (yet it was hilarous to see) o by the way these cars were running completely fine and no one was two footing it. Or lagging behind these were strait up races and the "sleeper cavy" beat them both by a 1/2 second or more.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 PM   #17
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to 1PhatCX Send a message via Yahoo to 1PhatCX
Re: HOW TO: Boost Your Car

i didnt see anything on here about internals. wat will i need? is it ok to boost on the motor as is? not sure the stock compression ratio

and for anyone wondering.... this is for a 94 s-10 2.2L

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Performance