Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
smf
AF Newbie

99 Windstar dead. Anybody want it or parts?

Hi All,
After the long 18 year roller coaster ride with my Windstar, my 18 year old son finally killed it. Ran the engine dry of oil, killed the alternator, killed the battery and finally threw a piston bearing or broke a piston shaft or bent a push rod (don't know but it makes a lot of noise in the engine). I would like to offer it up to you fine people for either the entire van or for parts (within reason, I'm not a mechanic and I eventually have to get the van off of my property).

I know I made it sound grim above but the van is really in good condition and I know there are a lot of usable parts.

Well, with no replies of any interest, I'm going to the scrap yard tomorrow. Found out I can return the new alternator and possibly battery, take the tires to a used tire shop for more cash. Car had half a tank of gas which I pumped out through the schrader valve on the fuel rail by hot wiring the fuel pump relay. Worked like a charm as I did this once before. This time I used a pressure gauge adapter that snapped onto the valve like a bike pump. I should get between $400-450 cash for everything. That's pretty good considering.

Sorry it didn't work out for anyone too late to read this message.

Pains me to see this trooper of a minivan go this way as I felt it had more life before this last incident. But, thats how it goes with cars.

Motto: "slap your kids upside their head if they don't take car of their vehicles or other possessions for that matter"

Car is gone. Thanks for everyone's help on this group over the years, esp. 12ounce and wishing. You've taught me bunches and saved me loads. I've moving to the Honda and Chrysler threads. See ya.

Moderator, kindly delete this post.

Be well, keep fixing,
Steve

Last edited by smf; 09-23-2017 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Update3
smf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
tuffy65
AF Newbie

Re: 99 Windstar dead. Anybody want it or parts?

did you make it to the scrap yard yet?
tuffy65 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Windstar