Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
msscatter
AF Newbie

Question Brake Pedal Won't Push

Twice in the past week my brake pedal has refused to push. It's just frozen there. I could stand on it and it won't move. After about a minute or so it will start working again. Any idea what would cause that?
msscatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
mcrosby
AF Newbie

Re: Brake Pedal Won't Push

I am not a mechanic by trade, though I do a lot of work on my own cars out of sheer necessity (no money...lol), but if my car did what you described and I was not mechanically inclined, I would take the car to a shop immediately. If you are mechanically inclined, inspect the brake fluid, vacuum line to the brake master cylinder or booster, the pedal itself and all of the mechanical linkage from the pedal to the master cylinder. I would thoroughly go over the entire system. I have never had that problem and it is puzzling to me. Perhaps one of the AF enthusiast will pick up on this thread and reply with more specific info. Sorry so vague.
mcrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
msscatter
AF Newbie

I took it both to a local mechanic and to the Chrysler dealership where I bought it and neither place can figure it out. The master cylinder and power booster (for some reason that doesn't sound right?) both checked perfect. They said they can't fix it until it happens to them and they can actually witness it. Of course I left it with them for 2 weeks and it didn't happen once but it's happened twice to me this week alone. The car will stop but the pedal is extremely hard. It makes me wonder if the brakes need bled or something because after about a minute the pedal goes right back to normal. I just keep praying it doesn't decided to do it when I need to stop in that split second because then the pedal will be the last of my concerns.

Thanks for your help.
msscatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
chefmaq
AF Newbie

it happend to me today scary mechic said the hose was trapped by the hood this hose controlls air flow when i shut the hood i diddnt no
the hose was trapped
chefmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
chefmaq
AF Newbie

it happend to me today scary mechic said the hose was trapped by the hood this hose controlls air flow when i shut the hood i diddnt no
the hose was trapped
chefmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

When you step on the brake... your life is in your foot's hands!
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze