Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #46
authoriti
AF Newbie

Re: Fuel Injector/spider How To

I'm going to be replacing my old spider with a new upgraded module (used). The part that concerned me is that the new module doesn't seem to use the same style connector for the lower manifold. It's just a white tube. On my old 96 that I did the injector connectors were black with a tooth like structure on the tip to hold them on. I haven't had time to see if there is a ridge on the inside of the new one though. Is this normal or did I get a unit that is missing parts?

Thank you.
authoriti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #47
zaxx0n
AF Newbie

I'am having problem with 1 of my spider lines keeps "clogging" up, I've used fuel injector cleaner, seems to not be helping. I been searching on how to get to them and try to do it myself since mech charges me 300 to 400 bucks each time i take it back for this problem (3 time in 2yrs). Is doing this very hard to do? or is there way to just let it run and put more fuel injector cleaner in it hoping maybe it will clear up...? or any other ideas anyone has.
thx.
zaxx0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #48
Rottwiener
AF Newbie

Is there an updated thread for this topic?
It appears that GM Parts Direct has changed the contents of the MFI kit. The current listing for pk12568332 includes the bracket and the seal kit, but does not include the regulator. I'd like to do this mod, but am woried about not getting all of the right parts. Any help?
Thanks,
Jeff
Rottwiener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #49
laxman21
AF Enthusiast

get it off ebay....much cheaper. My V-8 was $225 and the V-6 is about the same.

AC Delco
Adelphi
Borg-warner

They are all the same made by the same people.

'99 Blazer LT

'99 Suburban LT
laxman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #50
krackerjack9
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Fuel Injector/spider How To

I just replaced my CPI spider assembly in my 92 S-10 blazer. I had 273,441 miles on it. About 2years ago I thought I was going to be replaced but turned out that fuel regulator was leaking. The past 2 months my milage was down to 17 mpg from 23/24. Took me about a little over a hour and half to take out the old one and put in the new one. Used about 2 cans of engine degreaser on the uppper intake and the lower intake. Man that was just flat out nasty carbon mess!!! Any way took about 3 cranks and about minute of reving it to clear out all the engine and carb cleaner that was remaning in the ports im guessing. Drove into town and it was just smooth no more rough idling and most of all NO Service Engine Light!!!! Will post my fuel milage latter after I run 2 tanks thur it. I drive 27 miles one way to work and only 2 stop signs and 2 traffic lights to go thur so its a good 98% highway miles. Got CPI unit from Autowharehouse for 189.89 send in my old unit and it comes out to 159 and some change. Tools needed a 7mm socked, 10mm long socket, one straight slot screwdriver and one Torx bit cant remember size and that was it.
krackerjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:36 AM   #51
krackerjack9
AF Newbie

I couldnt wait till I hit around 240-250 miles I filled up at 153 miles and it took 6.73 for a mpg of 22.7 miles per gallon. Im sure it will go over 23 maybe 24 once I change out the oil and put in some new spark plugs.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #52
socialvictim
AF Newbie

I just wanted to say thanks for this awesome write-up. It was very helpful and informative. I recently replace my fuel spider in my '99 Jimmy. It was getting to where it was very hard to start regardless of temp. I replace the spider and now it fires up better than when we purchased a couple of years ago. I am still getting pretty lame fuel mileage. But I am hoping to learn from this site on how to fix that though.
socialvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #53
krackerjack9
AF Newbie

Up date everything is still great milage is constinatly around 23.2 mpg.
I did up my air pressure a bit to 38psi and had frontend aligned along with some new goodyear tires, I needed some tires. I checked my plugs last week and everyone of them looks like a perfect burn pattern. Other than that im extreemly pleased on results. So if I get another 5 years out of my 92 Blazer I will be more than happy. The only thing I could see going wrong is the transmission. So far no signs of anything going wrong,but I ocassionally tow my Kubota L4400 with frontend loader and Rhion 172 brush shredder. Wieght is im guessing around 5500lbs. Im on back roads and dont go over 50mph.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #54
Grossey
AF Newbie

Question Re: Fuel Injector/spider How To

Great post great pics in pic 3 is the fuel line clip upside down? the straight edge side fits on the crimp on the fuel lines better than the round edge side.
Grossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #55
Grossey
AF Newbie

Sorry thats pic 4 with the 2 small nuts car came to me leaking fuel there and spider sucked down in intake with no gasket on it should have caught fire.
Grossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #56
Thetedunit
AF Newbie

Can anyone tell me why you must replace the bracket when converting to the new CPI? The old bracket looks the same to me ... doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it? 97 4.3 Blazer
Thetedunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:24 AM   #57
Thetedunit
AF Newbie

Question Re: Fuel Injector/spider How To

Ok ... sorry . . . i overlooked the second (1st link didn't work for me either) link to the SB where it mentions that there is indeed a difference in brackets. One other question though ... After throwing down $300 clams for the new MFI system, I am veeeery concerned with bending the tubes in the manner necessary to reach their correct positions. SB says nothing about bending them, only says to reposition the #3 behind #1 to eliminate interference. Will these bend easily without breaking? Many Thanks to any response!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #58
Thetedunit
AF Newbie

Ok, I knew it was a dumbass question when I asked it. Was just looking for a little reassurance I guess. For anyone else who may have the same concerns ... bending the tubes didn't damage them, it was really no problem at all. They are made of teflon or nylon or something similar with plenty of flexibility.
As far as the bracket goes, I just modified the old bracket by using a high speed to grind off the excess length then rounded off all the sharp edges. Even that prob wasn't necessary. That saved me $25! I removed the bolt in the bracket securing the fuel supply and return lines to the intake manifold and also down below i removed them from the next attachment point. This gave me enough flexibility to remove and reattach them from/to the intake without having to disconnect them next to the distributor.
Misfire codes are gone! She runs like a dream now! Drove her the 60 miles to return her to my dad and didn't really notice an increase in MPGs according to the overhead display. Performance was noticeably better though.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #59
michaelcannon88
AF Newbie

Ok idk if it was stated earlier in this thread, I have a 93 Jimmy 4.3 W code, does GM carry this replacement kit for my model i just replaced it with oem and still hate it my truck has major problems i get 16mpg highway, dont kno how to check timing never figured it out Haynes manuel lead me in circles, running way rich starts rough and been running like crap for a while and the getup is to sluggish any ideas on my problems.
michaelcannon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #60
wbrilla
AF Newbie

Question Need some help please...

I recently purchased a 1996 Jimmy. Body was in great shape, but the engine wasn't startable - the prior owner had been doing some tinkering under the hood. Anyway, to make a long story short, the fuel injection spider has been completly disassembled.

Questions:
1. Is there electronic polarity for the injectors?
2. Are all the injectors the same for each cylinder?
3. Is there anything I need to know about the lines and poppets?

I'd really like to see if I can get this heap running "as is" before I dump alot of money into an iffy engine, so I'm not interested in upgrading to MFI at the present time.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

WMB
wbrilla is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info