Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
JustHeiges
AF Newbie

2021 Santa Fe 2.5T - PCV System (PCV Cap)

Hello all,

I am looking for some insight into Hyundai changing their pcv system from a normal valve with a line to the intake manifold to a cap that vents to atmosphere. I was going to install a catch can on my new GDI 2.5 Turbo but couldn't find the PCV line. When I went into Hyundai the technician showed me that this system was replaced by a single valve/cap on the crank case that vents pressure to atmosphere. I understand that I won't need to worry about contaminating my valves anymore with blow back oil but it seems to me that any blow back oil and contaminates would simply sit in the crank case and never get touched. I don't know a lot about cars but if there is blow back and the cap just vents pressure then isn't it possible that oil and other contaminates may pool at the bottom and possibly gunk up the inner working of the crank case?

Maybe this isn't an issue or this solution is better than the old pcv to catch can system but I don't know enough to know the pros/cons of the new system. Any information and insight into this system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Justin
JustHeiges is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
catch-can , hyundai , pcv , pcv-cap , pcv-system
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical