Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #1
JohnWeissman
AF Newbie

Shift lock help

I have a 2005 Honda Accord EX coupe. I recently took off my spoiler, which left 2 exposed wires originally going to the 3rd brake light that I didn't think much of. I started my car this spring and rolled it out to the driveway, but after that, I couldn't shift the car out of park. To preface this, I've just fixed some battery problems in the car and it's been jumped multiple times prior to this issue. I connected the exposed wires but to no avail.

Other internet posts have led me to believe that my car is stuck in park because of the unconnected wires, but if that stopped my car from shifting, how did I get it to the driveway while they were unconnected? I'm currently trying to troubleshoot before I give in to a mechanic.

Important details are that the brake lights also are also non-functioning and I can get the car to shift when using the shift lock release.

I need some advice on what I should do so I don't go on any more wild goose chases to fix my problem. Please help!

Things I'm looking to check on next are the brake light switch and the shift interlock solenoid.
JohnWeissman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
accord , electrical , honda , lock , shift
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion