Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
Bluesax
AF Newbie

Re: Broken Hazard Switch Repair How-to

OK OK. So I'm a moron! But something ain't right with this switch. 97 S10, hazard switch broken off inside. I got the part from the dealer but can't get the old switch to pull out. It comes up only so far and it gets caught, stops, hangs up, whatever you want to call it. And the needle nose is starting to break off pieces of the plastic. I don't want to just keep tearing it up. What's it catching on? Is there another way to 'pull it straight out?' Duh.
Bluesax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #17
96jimmy4doorstock
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Broken Hazard Switch Repair How-to

Thank you so much for this. What happened to me was, I was taking off the dash thing to install an aftermarket stereo, and it broke the hazard button. The flashers wouldn't go off. I just unplugged the fuse from the box and went without the turn signals (and know I know the brake lights as well) until my dad drove it one day and found out. Now I have to fix it and luckily I found this thread in time (he wanted me to fix it by today because I have to take my dog in to the vet tomorrow)
Old 08-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
96jimmy4doorstock
AF Newbie

Ok I have a question: How does the button stick in? It looks as though there was a rod or spring that broke off/got lost in the process of it breaking. I manged to remove the old one and I could super glue it. Any ideas anyone? Is there a rod or spring? Will super gluing work?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
96jimmy4doorstock
AF Newbie

Ok I just cut the spring in half or so, and put the thing back in and it works fine. I am going to glue the button back on later.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #20
Chevy Nova
AF Newbie

I was just about ready to replace the multifunction switch when I came across this quick repair. Note there is a recall notice for 2000 and 2001 Recall Bulletin 0107313 Dated June 2008. It informs you of what kit you need or if you need the multi function switch. Heres the pdf of the service bulletin http://nhthqnwws111.odi.nhtsa.dot.go...8V231-9740.pdf
Another note from the pictures the switch your removing appears to be metal. It is not. If you look at the picture of the new one you will see its almost 3" long. I drilled a hole in the top of the red portion of the switch and srewed a drywall screw in and pulled it out. I didnt realize the black outer portion came with it. The service bulletin has a diagram and description of how to remove if theres a question. If you use my way of removing be careful that you dont bind the switch and make it harder to remove.
Chevy Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #21
Chevy Nova
AF Newbie

Thanks for this post it saved alot of time and money. It took three dealers to find one but I finally got it and it took all of 5 seconds to put it in. Thanks again
Chevy Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #22
ramon.asdf
AF Newbie

Hello I'm from mexico and I have the same problem with my blazer of 95, the case is that I do not have the enough data to get the hazzard switch here in mexico and my question is if anyone could help me writing where, with what name and with which number of the switch did you get it?
ramon.asdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #23
reramos27
AF Newbie

Received part from GM warehouse in Pennsylvania. Dealer close to my house is asking for $300 for the multi function switch. I told him that GM is selling only the Harzard light kit and he does not believe me. by the way it cost me $15
reramos27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
JJarrett
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: Broken Hazard Switch Repair How-to

This was spot on and thank you - saved me hours of troubleshooting, I am sure. Also, O'Reilly had them stocked at the warehouse and had one in my hands in less than 24 hours for $18 with no phone calls or driving past my local store.

DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY!!!!!!

Halfway in, mine went ZZZTTT!!!

I found and replaced the blown fuse but now have no turn signals nor flashers...I do have brake lights again! But...
JJarrett is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info