Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 05:40 AM   #1
hobby28
AF Newbie

4L80E Transmission Problems

I have a 2005 2500 HD with 165,000 miles that is giving me strange transmission problems. It all started pulling a trailer with a light load and as it pulled up a hill is shuttered a little bit and then I had to pull over. At this point I had no reverse but I did have forward. Towed the truck home and when it was unloaded it had reverse but not forward. After letting the truck sit overnight it had forward and reverse. I dropped the pan to change the oil and filter and didn't find anything alarming. After changing the oil I drove the truck around and seemed fine, after about 30 mins of driving it heated up and started vibrating and not pulling itself normally. At this point it triggered a code of P0757 which indicates 2-3 shift solenoid fault. Should I change the solenoid or do I have a strange wiring / ground problem?
hobby28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:44 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 4L80E Transmission Problems

My concern here is no reverse, that is not controlled by any solenoid. I believe you have more serious internal issues. Easy enough to repl the solenoid Pak, the pcm is indicating a problem there.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado