Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
jennygmhs2k2
AF Newbie

Thumbs down what else would make coolant in oil?

I have a 99 grand am gt, i have had to change the head gaskets twice this year already with no damage to the head gaskets themselves both times. the first time i had to change the heads because they were cracked, but the second time there was nothing wrong with the heads or the gaskets. I found my oil was milky again today and when i run the car there is a high pitched wheezing sound coming from the engine. does anyone know what else could be causing this problem, could my block be cracked? i dont want to spend another $1500 to fix something thats not broken again. thanks ahead.
jennygmhs2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Re: what else would make coolant in oil?

Welcome to AF.

If you hacve a V6(3.4L) then it sound like your Lower Intake Manifolds gaskets are leaking. These are prone to leak coolant into the oil and oil into the coolant.

That is if you havent had the LIM changed since 2003 when GM updated the Gakets to ones with netal rings around the coolant & oil jackets .

If they changed the head gaskets then they should have replaced the LIM too. They very well could have reused the oil ones and thats a

ALso if they didnt use new head bolts when the took them apart it could leak again.

Hope that helps.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM