Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Freestyle
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
shankster
AF Newbie

Freestyle Instrument Cluster Interchangeability??

I have a '05 Ford Freestyle Limited with the intermittent instrument cluster failure problem. I'm just looking at options for getting this fixed. I resoldered the questionable solder joint identified as the culprit sometimes - didn't help.

Ford wants too much for the new part ($550) so I either want to get mine repaired (various mail order services out there $125 - $185) or install a used one from a salvage yard and have it reprogrammed ($60 + $programming).

Question is - there appears to be 2 different part #s - one for up to Dec 2005 and one for Dec 2005 or later - what's the difference and will the later one work in my early car? I really don't want to get a salvage '05 cluster as there will be a good chance it is bad too. I'm assuming Ford fixed the issue by 07?

Anyone know if Ford fixed the 05/06 cluster replacement part and gave it a new part #? If so I suppose I could shop for a salvage 05 cluster that had been replaced? - I'd just need to figure out the good part number vs the bad one.

Probably best to get mine repaired but that puts the vehicle out of commission for a couple of weeks so I'd like to explore the other possibilities first.

Thanks
Robert
shankster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Freestyle