Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Madison97
AF Newbie

Angry '94 please help!

Okay I need some help because I look like a major idiot to my automotive tech right now lol. So I drive a 1994 GT that seems to have a mind of its own. Its quit on me twice now while I'm driving without even giving me any warning that it was going to do that. The first time was a month ago and I was about 40 ft. from my house and could not get it started back up, once we had it towed to a place to get it fixed it started right up without any problems! Multiple times since then we haven't been able to get it started at my house, only to tow it and it start every single time when we get it to the shop, makes me seem like I'm a total idiot! Monday on the way to school it quit on me and I thought maybe it was something I did so I turned it off and back on and it started right up. I pulled into the parking lot, went into school and when I came back out it wouldn't turn back on! Because my car has been in the shop so much he just told me to leave it and he would come out and do some testing. Well he did and it started. I know i'm not flooding it so I have no idea what the problem is!! If you have any ideas, that would be awesome.
Madison97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Re: '94 please help!

Did you get it sorted out? if not i would suggest that if possible just leave it with the shop and let them the mechanic drive it home and see if it happens to him. I had roughly the same issue with a different car but turned out to be an isolator in the distributor that was the problem (would heat up and shut the car down let it cool off and would start right up). also you don't mention if it turns over when you try to start it. like i said if you can let the mechanic drive it home and back and see what happens could be something really simple
Old 01-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: '94 please help!

Probably either the module on side of distributor or the pickup inside distributor if the rotor and distributor cap are good.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk