Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Tempo | Topaz
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
greybeard851
AF Newbie

Do I need a switch for DRLs?

I have an 89 Tempo and I am trying to install a pair of 55w off-road lights to become DRLs since the car doesn't have any. I am going to run the current from the battery through two relays before going to the lights. The first relay will only energize after the car is started. The second one will drop out when the headlights are turned on.

My question is... Since the current is effectively shut off by relay one until started, do I really need an on/off switch in line also? If I absolutely must then I will have to run the wires through the firewall and that would be difficult to do without a shoehorn... if you catch my drift.

BTW, needless to say, there will be a 15a circuit breaker in the line between the battery and relay one.

Thanks for the help,

Greybeard
greybeard851 is offline   Reply With Quote