Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 10:27 PM   #1
thordog2014
AF Newbie

1993 stealth etacs problem need help

Car will not start, replaced all parts on motor,but still won't start.pulled codes on obd1 and it showed nothing wrong.pulled battery cable and put back on and car started,but would not start next day.before pulling battery engine check light would not go off when trying to start and there was no injector pulse or fuel pump noise.now the light goes off and there is pump noise.I think it is passive alarm screwing with car.the inside door actuator on drivers side by window switch quit working a few days ago could this have been going out and causing the alarm system to turn off car? Could etacs be bad causing this? Was doing this originally after car sat all nite and it was cold now it is anytime.car runs great when it starts.any help would be greatly appreciated.
thordog2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 1993 stealth etacs problem need help

ETACS won't affect the car starting. Your problem likely lies with the ECU or the MFI relay.

As for the door switch not working that issues likely lies in the harness in the jam area of the door. Wires like to get hard and break in that area.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #3
toddrs93
AF Newbie

I agree, ecu probably. If there is some kind of alarm on there it should be up under the steering column area, have seen many times where the aftermarket alarm causes random issues because most people use the little vampire wire clips to install them and they eventually work loose and lose contact.
toddrs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #4
thordog2014
AF Newbie

I put on a new fuel injector relay,and the alarm is the stock equipment with the built in passive alarm system that turns off fuel pump and pulse to injectors.the car runs good when it starts so I kinda thought ecu is fine and was going with alarm which might keep it from starting.the door actuator switch is part of alarm system and that's why I thought it might be activating the passive system.
thordog2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #5
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

91-93 are notorious for faulty capacitors in the ECU's. The door switch issue is not going to cause an issue with the factory passive alarm.

If I were you I'd remove the ECU and open it up to inspect for leaky capacitors, then go from there.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth