Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
gentlejax2
AF Newbie

97 3000gt w/40K but problems..should I buy and gamble?

I found one and it is at a shop right now..overheated according to the mechanics but they dont know anything else cause it doesnt run and hold water. they dont know if head gaskets toast or not.

so worse case it needs head job and new water pump and also its time for timing belt.

car is in excellent shape and low miles and what I consider cheap but I am going to have to try to fix this myself.

is it worth the risk? I am pretty mechanical and do all my own work but this would be the first timing belt job I have ever done.

reason for looking at this is its rather excellent shape and my current car needs timing belt /water pump , new axles and oil leak fixed..it has almost 200k and runs like a champ but needs this work done soon.

the other car if not for this issue would be like new, always wanted one also...I can live with it not being twin turbo...I suppose..
gentlejax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
gentlejax2
AF Newbie

Re: 97 3000gt w/40K but problems..should I buy and gamble?

its a 96 not 97....the motor starts and will run but it will overheat so I guess that means the timing built hasnt trashed the motor..

I neeed some advice pretty quick sO I can decide. car has around 50k original miles
gentlejax2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth