Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Axiom
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
rescuecheck
AF Newbie

2002 Axiom Alternator lead terminal corroded

My 02 Axiom started having electrical fluctuations with the following obvious symptoms:

-Headlights flickered
-Instrument console lighting flickered

A few weeks later the car failed to start. I had it jumped and it started fine.

Finally, one day while driving from work, my radio stopped working. The "ABS" and "Check Engine" lights were on as well as a "reduced power" light and other warning lights. Finally the car just quit.

It turns out that main electrical lead to the alternator had a corroded terminal. White powdery deposits had accumulated around the terminal and it eventually broken free from the wire. From the looks of what was left of the terminal connector, it was a very thin design. I'm disappointed that Isuzu installed such a poor quality terminal on this very important wire that provides all the juice from the alternator. Lesson learned, inspect the car before you take it to the shop. I could see the dealership telling me that I had a bad alternator and alternator wiring harness. I'm glad I found the corroded terminal wire and was able to replace it for less than $5.00.
rescuecheck is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Axiom