Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > i-280
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
Womp
AF Newbie

I-280

I purchased an I-280 earlier this year. I have noticed that it is much like the Chevy Colorado. My question is how similar are the parts are it to the Colorado. I am searching for a Lowering Kit, as well as a new intake and exhaust. Im unable to find anything for the I-280.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
amigo-2k
Isuzu Guy

Re: I-280

It is the same truck. The only difference is you have a better warranty and the badges on the truck say Isuzu instead of Chevy.

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
amigo-2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 AM   #3
PamzJoe
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womp
I purchased an I-280 earlier this year. I have noticed that it is much like the Chevy Colorado. My question is how similar are the parts are it to the Colorado. I am searching for a Lowering Kit, as well as a new intake and exhaust. Im unable to find anything for the I-280.
Hey, good to hear from another owner. I was begining to think I was the only one! I have an'07 I-290 ('07s have the 2.9 I-4 engine hence the I-290.) Anyway before I made the puchase, I did some research on the truck. Seems the Isuzu pickups are built side by side with the Chevy Colorado & the GMC Canyon. General motors builds them for distribution in the U.S. Isuzu in Japan builds them for distribution in Europe. The only reason I bought the Isuzu, was for thier much better warranty. As far as after market stuff like for example for my truck, custom wheels, bug deflector, bed rail protectors, dash kit for new stereo install, all the same as the Colorado. If you cant find stuff for your 280, just order it for a Chevy Colorado. One of the techs at my dealership told me the engines are exactly the same! By the way, when I bought my custom wheels & took the factory one off, they had "GM" stamped on the inside. Hope thi little bit of info helps out.
Joe
PamzJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
Womp
AF Newbie

Thanks a lot, all the information does help. I want to start the mods soon. everything that I want to do.
1. Bucket Seats
2. Boost on engine
3. Lowering
4. Custom wheels
and some minor things like sterio system, and ground effects. because of this truck being a base model it should come easy to customize it to the way I want.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
PamzJoe
AF Regular

Good deal. I really like my truck. I had an '05 Silverado extended cab Z71. It was costing me 65 bucks every four days in gas. I could'nt deal with that. I could'nt believe how roomy the cab is. I'm a big guy so that's a plus. Let me know if I can help w/any questions. Good luck.
Joe
PamzJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
2eyefishclaw
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 2eyefishclaw Send a message via Yahoo to 2eyefishclaw

remember if you swap wheels out you need the tire pressure sensor to be swapped out also or your low tire lamp will always be on
2eyefishclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:05 AM   #7
P51nerd
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womp
Thanks a lot, all the information does help. I want to start the mods soon. everything that I want to do.
1. Bucket Seats
2. Boost on engine
3. Lowering
4. Custom wheels
and some minor things like sterio system, and ground effects. because of this truck being a base model it should come easy to customize it to the way I want.
Post some pic's when youre done!!! I am considering buying an i290 and want to see what I can get out of it!
P51nerd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > i-280