Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 06:49 PM   #16
Rampart Crawler
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Funny Scion XB Vs GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lychus
bro im just joking with you. LOL You cant talk shit about hondas when u own one. Its not my fault you bought a DX.
You weren't joking. It was obvious I was making a joke, and you missunderstood it. I can't make fun of hondas because I own one? If anything, I can. And as for my DX, it is my first car. I got it for economy, not for performance. In fact, I'm not sorry I got my car. I never was. I could have gotten some 10 year old gsr for cheap and pretended it is fast, but I wanted something newer and more reliable. It's like your putting down a kid's first car when it's newer than yours.... And my civic is never bothered at stoplights, either, because I don't risk people's lives or test tempers by street racing cars and I drive the speed limit. My friends did little races on closed roads. I would be sitting at a light with a gsr, an older man in a 5th gen maxima would pull up to me w/ his family in the car, and I would know it would be a close race.

I have to just laugh at your posts, because you really think you car is hot shit, don't you? low 15 second 1/4 mile. lmao. The difference between you and me, is at least I know my car is slow.

And I hate putting down gsr's, becuase they are alright cars and I knew a few kids who had them(until they graduated to s2k's, mustangs, ect) and they were cool. They can also be fast when modded. I know if I keep defending my comment, some nice people who own integras will get mad, and I don't want to offend them. I just want them to know I mean no harm and this will be my last post on this topic. I'll let the gsr stunna get the last word. Someone upstairs will pay him back one day with wrong mid sized family sedan driven by a grumpy old guy who feels like racing an integra.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #17
JattGsr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V T E C H
does the Scion Tc even come with a mannual tranny? because i have yet to see one with a 5 speed in it. But the fact that the TC comes with 160 hp from a super charged engine makes me sad that that was the amount of hp they pumped out from a supercharged engine....

I kinda like the scion and the 160 hp it makes i'm thinking is naturally aspirated. Anything toyota makes is usually pretty good but they are surely lagging behind in new sport models. Nissan came back with the 350z and mitsubishi and subaru brung back the wrx and evo. I WANT MY SUPRA BACK.
JattGsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:48 PM   #18
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

Re: Funny Scion XB Vs GSR

The tC is a nice looking car, the xB is an icecream truck gone stupid, and the xA is for my lil sister.

IF I ever to ever drive a box, this new prototype scion is actually very cool (to the degree a scion can actually be called cool, that is):

http://www.discountpartcenter.com/ph...2B-concept.jpg
http://www.discountpartcenter.com/ph...2B-concept.jpg

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Shpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #19
banditkiller
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to banditkiller

They do come in 5speeds. My friend just ordered his with one, and they are n/a .
banditkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #20
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

theyre a pretty stupid attempt to cash in on the whole "im a street racer" thing. I hate it when maufacturers try to make shit seem good or whatever, whats even worse..75% of the kids that get these scions beleive that shit.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:39 AM   #21
noreturn
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to noreturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalanos
theyre a pretty stupid attempt to cash in on the whole "im a street racer" thing. I hate it when maufacturers try to make shit seem good or whatever, whats even worse..75% of the kids that get these scions beleive that shit.
It's funny you say that, because I've noticed most of the "Hey my dad bought me a Civic, how can I make it fast and awesome like in The Fast and the Furious?" questions are launched not at the tC. Getting a tC would probably make you look less like a ricer than getting a Honda, unfortunately. (Nothing against you guys or the almighty VTEC).

Frankly, I'd take the tC over the Si considering the quality of the interior and the 3k price advantage. And to toss another in the pile, 160 horses comes n/a. I think it's actually quite nice that you can get a dealer installed turbo and not have to void your warrantee..
noreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #22
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

How many kids can afford to buy a brand new Scion? Not many if theyre brought up right and taught to earn their money. This is why a lot of kids have Civics , and unfortunately some just dont have the proper mindset of tuning to use or treat their car correctly. Its really too bad that Civics and Honda in general has gotten this bad name just because their cars sell. I love my Civic. It drives well, sure its got no power, but thats probably a good thing for me right now. I personally feel that it is a good looking car, and I needed a car that was easy to work on so I could learn the basics of maintaining a car. When its time to step up, I'll do it.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #23
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreturn
It's funny you say that, because I've noticed most of the "Hey my dad bought me a Civic, how can I make it fast and awesome like in The Fast and the Furious?" questions are launched not at the tC. Getting a tC would probably make you look less like a ricer than getting a Honda, unfortunately. (Nothing against you guys or the almighty VTEC).
The difference is the "ricer" parts made for Hondas are made by aftermarket manufacturers. Honda meant for the Si to be an economical and somewhat quick (I won't say "fast") means of transportation, and that's exactly how they designed it. Huge demand from the public drove the aftermarket for Honda parts.

The "ricer" parts for the Scion are made by by Toyota - that means Toyota meant for the Scion to be rice. There is no public demand for Toyota Scion parts (except for the "demand" created by Toyota advertising execs). IMO the Scion is not designed to be anything but a marketing gimmick.

So I disagree with "Getting a tC would probably make you look less like a ricer than getting a Honda, unfortunately."
It's more like "Getting a TC would probably make you look more like a sucker than getting a Honda".
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:30 PM   #24
KinkBykr
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to KinkBykr Send a message via Yahoo to KinkBykr
I hope everyone can stop arguing so much, please everyone tell fact, not hating opionions. and saying no offense usually makes people think you are offending them. but untill I see some change in people over here on Automotive forums, I'm going to be over at JDMuniverse.com having educated conversations (there is my segment of hating)
KinkBykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #25
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkBykr
I hope everyone can stop arguing so much, please everyone tell fact, not hating opionions. and saying no offense usually makes people think you are offending them. but untill I see some change in people over here on Automotive forums, I'm going to be over at JDMuniverse.com having educated conversations (there is my segment of hating)
ok honestly read your post and your other 65 your not much of a contributing member I've never seen you here before and if you left i'd never know. So your threat isn't that big a deal. Sure we'd all like change but walk away changes what *esp you claiming to be a good member* you posted about this so you proved you care then why not do somthing to help?

the site your speaking of lacks tech info and is more a suck off fest of a JDM maplight and would talk shit on someone who'd rather get crower cams.

This whole thread sucks its no surprize.

and scions still suck.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 04:38 PM   #26
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkBykr
I'm going to be over at JDMuniverse.com having educated conversations
There's an oxymoron.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:51 AM   #27
KinkBykr
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to KinkBykr Send a message via Yahoo to KinkBykr

sorry for the comment, my day wasn't the greatest and seeing people argue just brought everything back up. As for JDMU, it's a good site, and I just havn't witnessed much fighting that didn't have facts to back it. I know I can't make myself seem helpful, because I am barly around my house to get anything on the computer done. sorry for keeping up the old thread
KinkBykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #28
zerocrxsi
AF Newbie

scion=

id rather get something better looking/faster (srt4,cobalt ss/ion redline,rsx, or wait for the 06 si )
zerocrxsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:13 AM   #29
silentscreams85
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85

Quote:
does the Scion Tc even come with a mannual tranny? because i have yet to see one with a 5 speed in it. But the fact that the TC comes with 160 hp from a super charged engine makes me sad that that was the amount of hp they pumped out from a supercharged engine....
wrong....the engine makes 200hp supercharged 160hp n/a. yea its a boat. with with the gearing and torque it never feels slow.

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
silentscreams85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:08 PM   #30
bty_coolio
AF Newbie

Quote:
TC's are not superchardged. its 160hp from a normal 2.4 engine which is about right when you compare the other 2.4s with 160-170 hps.
i think the civics si's will keep up with the tc just depending on the driver. the new "06 si" which will be in my driveway in a few short months, will blow it away. o-60 time on the 06 si's is 6.8 sec which is not bad at all for a car to have 197hp and 139 lbs of torque.
bty_coolio is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!