Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z3
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
fabricatortim
AF Newbie

Unhappy Computer software on my Z-3 scrambled - why?

I took a trip recently in my Beemer and it was working fine under both highway and back road conditions. We stopped for lunch and as we tried to leave the car cranked, but would not start. I removed the fuses, and even unhooked the battery and reset the security code. Nothing changed, the car cranked but never offered to start. We had it towwed to a dealership and they found that the software had scrambled. The security module and one other one were not communicating. The Tech reprogrammed the computer and everything is fine except now I don't trust my car. The service rep. said he had no idea what might have caused this other than a strong magnetic field. There were cars parked on both sides of mine and they had no problems starting up and leaving, so I don't think that is what happened. Any ideas?
Thanks
fabricatortim is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
computer , software , start , won't , z-3
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z3