Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Pooljunky20
AF Newbie

Heat is on but only blows cold air.

I recently bought a 99 eclipse and it only blows cold air. How do I know which part to replace. The radiator had already been replaced. I figure it has to be either the thermostat, blower motor or heater core. How do i find out which one without having to buy all 3
Pooljunky20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Heat is on but only blows cold air.

If the blower fan works, it's ok. It does not control temp. When the car is warmed up, check feel the hoses going to the heater core. If they are both hot, it's ok, If one hose much cooler than the other one, the core is plugged. You can try to backflush the core before you replace it. If the stat has not been replace recently you may want to do that also. You also need to make sure that the temp control door is working properly.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: Heat is on but only blows cold air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
If the blower fan works, it's ok. It does not control temp. When the car is warmed up, check feel the hoses going to the heater core. If they are both hot, it's ok, If one hose much cooler than the other one, the core is plugged. You can try to backflush the core before you replace it. If the stat has not been replace recently you may want to do that also. You also need to make sure that the temp control door is working properly.

Couldnt have said it better myself
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis