Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Older Vehicles > Scirocco
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 08:47 AM   #1
valley boy
AF Newbie

Not quick enough!!

Yeah, yeah, Sciroccos are great looking cars but come on, they're so slow I have trouble keeping up with Fiestas and Corsas with 18 year old girls driving in high heels! 90bhp is a pathetic figure these days!

Is it possible to get around 150bhp out of these cars? Has anyone achieved this and how?!

Who out there has the fastest rocco - come on, give us some figures!

Cheers!

Justin
valley boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:21 PM   #2
zzpza
AF Regular

Re: Not quick enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley boy
Yeah, yeah, Sciroccos are great looking cars but come on, they're so slow I have trouble keeping up with Fiestas and Corsas with 18 year old girls driving in high heels! 90bhp is a pathetic figure these days!

Is it possible to get around 150bhp out of these cars? Has anyone achieved this and how?!

Cheers!

Justin
by your selection of cars to rate the 'rocco against, i'm guessing you're a brit.

first off you're missing the point. a 'rocco is a significantly better looking car than either a fester or a corsa.
secondly you should have got a gti, gtx or scala injection if you wanted performance.
thirdly the scirocco is about amazing levels of grip and stunning handling. how many other car (in stock for) can you get lift off over steer in??? you can carry significantly more speed through and out of a corner or roundabout than either of the other cars you mentioned (although i'll admit that the new frods aren't too bad in the handling department). i'd increase your driving skill before adding more power. i'm not being facetious - you'll get a lot more bang for your buck from a performance driving course and you'll be a lot better / safer / quicker driver for it.

finally if you really still lust for more power, it comes with a price. talk to these people and they can easily build you a 200bhp 2.1L engine.

http://www.tsr-performance.com/
Old 11-21-2004, 07:53 AM   #3
carolinarocco
AF Newbie

Quote:

Cheers!

Justin
my Scirocco is pretty quick
2 lt ABA bottom end - big valve hydro head Audi 4000 throttlebody and intake
putting down about 135 hp in a 1800 lb car
makes me smile
carolinarocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #4
deletedalien
AF Newbie

Quote:
With all due respect but if i ever get to meet you i will slap you for saying that What the hell do you mean the roccos are slow?!!!

My scirocco is putting out about 143HP big valve hydro head from Golf GTI Audi throttlebody ported intake and Here's a good one for you to try if you have a 1.8 8V Install the injectors from a 1984 bmw the series really doesnt matter as long ans the injector has the 006 numbers on it
and cut open the air box that gave me the advantage ove a 1988 thunderbird turbo coupe and a 1994 mustang (6cyl) and i couldnt be happyer
Old 09-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
fedup2
AF Newbie

I also dont agree. i have an 83 or 84 that i race at my local circle track and im just as fast if not faster than other cars 20 + years newer. I bought the car already made into a race car. was told it was just the basic 8 valve.
fedup2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:19 PM   #6
Carbon Fibre
AF Newbie

Sorry buddy, but either your car has issues or you do. I have had several Sciroccos, 8V, 16V, and drove one with a 1.8T (highly modified). My f-ing 8-valve would beat a 5.0 Mustang off the line and up to about 70mph, although at that point he was rapidly approaching in the rearview, and I saved face and turned. 90 hp., yes, but half the weight of V8 sports cars. The laws of physics don't lie, they just laugh at hefty american engineering.
After you have taken a performance driving course, the best bang for the buck is turbocharging (as always). The 1.8liter VW motor is a cast iron block with webbed main bearings, and has forged internals. The rods in this motor are indefinitely stronger than Chevy pink rods, the benchmark standard. I've seen these internals handle 30 psi for a very long time (see ny other posts).
The motor can be converted with all the necessary parts from the junk yard to the 5 valve per cylender head and turbo setup for cheaper than most good turbo kits, with better reliability and gains. Or get the whole motor.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:33 AM   #7
yogegoy
AF Newbie

8V Eurospec Big Valve head
Ported & Polished
272 Eurospec Cam
Super Sprint Headers
83mm JE Pistons
94.5 Stroker Crank, Knife Edge
What else hmm?
yogegoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #8
yogegoy
AF Newbie

I still prefer my 84 Scirocco from my 00 GTI VR6.
yogegoy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Older Vehicles > Scirocco