Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Prism
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
AnnaLach
AF Newbie

HELP! I think something fell out from under my car

I have a 2002 Chevy Prizm. I was dropping my friend off today and as she got out of the car, I heard something metal hit the ground. I backed my car up and found a solid, half-circle metal thing on the ground. It looks as if it fell off more towards the front of the car. There is a picture attached. I have no idea what it is. I took the object and put it in my car, and drove home. Everything seemed to be working fine! I don't know what it is, my boyfriend said it might be one of the exhaust brackets? I am not too good with cars, and this is my first car. HELP!! What fell out from under my car?! It it possible it's just something that got caught up underneath my car? But it's heavy, solid metal, I feel like if it got caught uo under my car I would have heard it. Help me!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(8).JPG (131.3 KB, 7 views)
AnnaLach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
phipps
AF Regular

Does look like a hanger of some sort. Have anybody who can crawl under the car and look around for a broken hanger?
phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
AnnaLach
AF Newbie

Re: HELP! I think something fell out from under my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by phipps View Post
Does look like a hanger of some sort. Have anybody who can crawl under the car and look around for a broken hanger?
My neighbor who is a mechanic is going to come look at it today. I tried to look under there, to me everything looks fine but then again I'm no mechanic. Would it be bad if I drove it? Is there a quick fix for this? How much do you think it would cost? And how long would it be in the shop for?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

It looks like something on or around the exhaust. Is it possible that you ran it over and it just sounded like it came from your car? If everything feels and sounds normal to you, go ahead and drive it, but have your neighbor look at it when he gets the chance. Walk around the back and give the exhaust a good shake to see if it moves around a lot or makes and clunking noises when moved.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
AnnaLach
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
It looks like something on or around the exhaust. Is it possible that you ran it over and it just sounded like it came from your car? If everything feels and sounds normal to you, go ahead and drive it, but have your neighbor look at it when he gets the chance. Walk around the back and give the exhaust a good shake to see if it moves around a lot or makes and clunking noises when moved.
Yeah my boyfriend said it looked like a bracket Or something for the exhaust. That's what I was thinking, I might have ran over something but I feel like I would have heard it get caught up under my car. Yeah definitely my neighbor is going to come over and look at it! He's a mechanic and he sold me the car.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Prism