Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Gatorac
AF Regular

12 Hours of Sebring Turn 1 hospitality area.

The Panoz guys have been invited to join the Deep South Cobra Club in the Turn 1 club for the 12 hours of Sebring. We have a spectacular spot for viewing the race. The Turn 1 area is fenced with a guarded gate. No one gets in without a Turn 1 pass. We will have several motor homes with TV's for viewing. The prices for this area are the same as the other car corrals. We just have a better spot.

Come see the Panoz team try and regain their former glory in the 12 hours of Sebring. Some of you may not be aware of the history of the Panoz and this race. An Esperante GTLM won both the 12 hours of Sebring and the 24 Hours of Lemans in 2006. Dr. Panoz actually started the ALMS. A little of his history can be found here.

Ticket packages and prices can be found here. We do ask you join the DSCC for $10 to purchase the tickets.

If you are interested in bringing an RV for the race, we may still have a spot available. Contact me directly for details.

Jim Pomroy

96 Miata track car.
2012 Camaro SS.
Backdraft Racing Cobra #930
92 Miata "LemonDrop"
Saturn V Rocket Miata Crapcan #81
99 Miata daily driver.
Gatorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Blue Streak 21
AF Regular

Re: 12 Hours of Sebring Turn 1 hospitality area.

Have a great time at the race. Wish I could join you. I hear that Gary Jones will be there too.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #3
Gatorac
AF Regular

According to the latest news, Peugeot will be there with 2 of their 908 diesel powered P1 coupes. These cars a beautiful, and fast. They have been the fastest qualifier at both Sebring and Le Mans but they have not been quite reliable enough.
It should be cool to see Audi's new R15, Acura's brand new P1 car go head to head with the Peugeot.
This truley is the biggest sports car race in America. The ALMS is the only series that the European teams come over to race against us. Running at Sebring is one of the ways to get an invite to the 24 hours of Le Mans.

Jim Pomroy

96 Miata track car.
2012 Camaro SS.
92 Miata "LemonDrop"
99 Miata daily driver.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
jmimac351
AF Regular

Jim, I can't wait. It looks like both Evans and Wiedman are in as well.

For those that have been to Sebring - we are in the huge fenced in area in turn 1. Fenced and guarded as Pomroy said so your stuff stays safe and our area remains clean and hippy-free. These spots are not jammed together like most RV spaces are since the area is so large. We are about 20 feet from the track surface just past the apex. This is an exclusive thing that the cobra club puts together (Jim and I have cobras). We thought some here may be interested and the club is fine with sharing. If you are going to do Sebring this is a first class way to do it. We have so much fun at this event that we tell all of our racing friends about it. If you can't do an RV you can still get a pass to park your car in this same area.

"We told you so."

See the Turn 1 area below. It's that entire area of the turn (not just the dot).

~ Building 289 Lemans Replica
~ '92 Mustang Coupe: 347ci / Carb
Pictures
jmimac351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af

Sorry to be off topic a bit...
The title of this thread made me think back to '06 when I had my first professional race with the R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R in World Challenge GT at Sebring 12HR.... the entire atmosphere was so cool. I definitely loved the night scene.

I actually haven't been since - are the crowds still huge?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
jmimac351
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor@af View Post
Sorry to be off topic a bit...
The title of this thread made me think back to '06 when I had my first professional race with the R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R in World Challenge GT at Sebring 12HR.... the entire atmosphere was so cool. I definitely loved the night scene.

I actually haven't been since - are the crowds still huge?
I'm pretty sure last year was a record crowd and I think Radio Lemans said this year ticket sales would meet or beat last year. The Rolex 24 race is sort of like watching sod compared to this event. It's hilarious. Over in Green Park people have been coming to the same spot for years. They build multi-level camp "compounds". They setup fish tanks for crying out loud. The sad part is Pomroy has sworn off beer and is now a Vegan. That leaves more meat and beer for me.

Pictures
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af

That is awesome to hear. I remember riding shotgun with some totally crazy dude in a golf kart with 4 people hanging off the sides in the back.... while playing chicken with oncoming traffic and racing other karts. I stole his broomstick with a weird face attached on the top.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
jmimac351
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor@af View Post
That is awesome to hear. I remember riding shotgun with some totally crazy dude in a golf kart with 4 people hanging off the sides in the back.... while playing chicken with oncoming traffic and racing other karts. I stole his broomstick with a weird face attached on the top.
Good times good times. The nice thing about our spot, apart from the vantage point, is that we can go to Green Park to watch the circus and then go back to our neat and tidy home to recuperate.

Pictures
Old 02-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
g8rbob
AF Newbie

I Are a Green Park Regular

. . . as well as a PorschePlatz regular (Turn 17/frontstretch - Midway side). I've always wondered who those folks in the Turn One Club were. We usually park outside in the "line-up" on Tuesday and drive in when the gates open Wednesday and leave Sunday am. We take my 996 Turbo and park it in the Platz and a 35' Coach and park it in Green Park - like you said - in the same spot every year .

I intended to buy a PorschePlatz package and don't mind joining the Cobra Club (probably know some of the Cobra guys from track days) - What do I need to do to come in and see some of the racing with you guys? If one of you would please respond with a little more detail - with a private message - I'd appreciate it. I need to order tickets by COB tomorrow (2/13).
Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
Bryce_A
AF Newbie

Hey guys, do you have to be a Cobra member or just pay to get RV parking in your car corral? My father lives in Venice, FL and will be driving his rv over to Sebring and i'll be flying in from CT. This will be our 1st Sebring Race. We've been to the rolex 24 hr race 4 times and enjoy it and have partied hard at many Lime Rock races. My father owns a VW Rialta 2.8 liter vr6 RV.

Last edited by Bryce_A; 02-13-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Bryce_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
jmimac351
AF Regular

The more the merrier. Let me summon Pomroy as he is organizing this drunk I mean fun fest. Stand by...

Pictures
Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
Bryce_A
AF Newbie

I ordered North RV Paddock tickets and 2 -4 day hopper tickets. Was getting ancy so I pulled the trigger. Looks like I'm gonna need lots of alcohol and beads LOL
Bryce_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
jmimac351
AF Regular

Bryce, not sure if you're locked into that but I spoke to Jim and he is contacting you. I know Sebring lists the 13th as the advance discount deadline but we don't have to have our money to Sebring until the 23rd. We're "special". Either way, at least you'll know there is a safe house on the other side of the track.

Pictures
Old 02-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
Gatorac
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbob View Post
I Are a Green Park Regular

. . . as well as a PorschePlatz regular (Turn 17/frontstretch - Midway side). I've always wondered who those folks in the Turn One Club were. We usually park outside in the "line-up" on Tuesday and drive in when the gates open Wednesday and leave Sunday am. We take my 996 Turbo and park it in the Platz and a 35' Coach and park it in Green Park - like you said - in the same spot every year .

I intended to buy a PorschePlatz package and don't mind joining the Cobra Club (probably know some of the Cobra guys from track days) - What do I need to do to come in and see some of the racing with you guys? If one of you would please respond with a little more detail - with a private message - I'd appreciate it. I need to order tickets by COB tomorrow (2/13).
Pm sent

Quote:
I ordered North RV Paddock tickets and 2 -4 day hopper tickets. Was getting ancy so I pulled the trigger. Looks like I'm gonna need lots of alcohol and beads LOL
Sorry I didn't get back to you soon enough. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Last year 170,000 people showed up. Some of them even new there was a race going on.

Jim Pomroy

96 Miata track car.
2012 Camaro SS.
92 Miata "LemonDrop"
99 Miata daily driver.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #15
David Eastman
AF Regular

Bob,

Your enterance fee is whatever Jim said plus BEER. See you there.

David

David Eastman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS