Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
NoviceGreaseMonkey
AF Newbie

Check engine light for EGR valve, filled power steering fluid, check engine light went off.

I bought this car which has 212,000 miles on it a few months ago. The last owner was a mechanic who seems to have taken pretty good care of it.
A little while after I bought it, the check engine light came on, with a code for my EGR valve.
Being a poor college student, I've been saving up to replace it but have not done so yet.
A while ago, my tires started making an awful screeching sound every time I turned the wheel, seeing that I had no tread left, I replaced all the tires. The screeching persisted. Popping the hood I found that my power steering fluid was almost completely dry.
After filling the power steering fluid, the wheel turned easier, the screeching left, and the car even seemed to run a lot smoother (more get up and go too).
Yet, in the last couple days, the screeching is back, though not as bad, same with the wheel. Also my check engine light just went off.
Any Idea's what's going on? I can take it in for a diag soon.
NoviceGreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: Check engine light for EGR valve, filled power steering fluid, check engine light went off.

maybe your out of fluid again
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
NoviceGreaseMonkey
AF Newbie

Re: Check engine light for EGR valve, filled power steering fluid, check engine light went off.

I checked shortly after and the fluid is still full. I don't seem to have any sort of leak.
NoviceGreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
Talon69
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Talon69 Send a message via MSN to Talon69 Send a message via Yahoo to Talon69

bought what kind of car? year, gst, gsx, tsi, gs, rs? just pointing out for future post that you should list what your car actually is lol, but anyways maybe your power steering pump is bad? does the wheel turn hard? does it feel like the steering wheel may skip, what i mean by that is does it turn easy then get hard then back to easy?

and with the check engine light issue with the egr, you may have a semi plugged egr port or the egr plunger not moving enough.
2006 Eclipse GT 6 speed MT (V6 3.8), mods so far- S Tech Springs, after market 18's, 2012 headlight Conversion, Greddy cat back exhaust, CAI, RRE Headers, Polyurethane Motor Mounts, NX Nitrous kit at 100 shot for now, RPM Window Switch, Triple Pod.
2003 Grand AM GT - official beater car for the winter lol
----------------------------------------------------
95 TSI AWD 13.732@98.396mph (T-25)
Now fully Modded engine with 3,560 miles on it.SOLD
Talon69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
egr , ican'tcar , mitsubishi
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis