Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Cazador
AF Newbie

2007 BMW 525xi

I purchased it for my wife and it needed a new steering column and key. I had purchased these items and had a local shop install them where the car now gets full power but wouldn't start. I was told it had to go to the BMW dealership to get programmed with their equipment. So the 5 series went on a flat bed where BMW got the car programmed and running after paying them 4 hours to do this I drove the car back and other than a couple lights lit on the dash everything seemed fine. 2 days later the car now is now not recognizing the key and says unlock steering wheel to start car even though the steering wheel is unlocked. I called BMW back up and they said the car sounds like it is something in the column that needs programming but could not guarantee they would not charge me more diagnostic and to be honest don't feel like dealing with anymore. It is a 2007 525xi
Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series