Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
mikekwon1970
AF Newbie

2003 CRV EX 4wd- vibration when turning.

I have 2003 CRV EX 4wd and it only has 50,000 miles on it. Last few days, when I make a slow left or right turn, I get a vibration from the rear. Did anyboby had the same problem? If so, what was the remedy? Any help is appriciated.

Thanks
Mike
mikekwon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
philghost
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 CRV EX 4wd- vibration when turning.

Hi

I have a Honda CRV import 1997 with 75,000 on clock and have the same problem. I have been told that it is the differential on the back axle. Not sure of the cost of repair though.

Hope this helps

Phil
philghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #3
mikekwon1970
AF Newbie

Hey Phil,

So did you ever replace the differential? Did the vibration go away?

Thanks
Mike
mikekwon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
aggreX
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekwon1970
I have 2003 CRV EX 4wd and it only has 50,000 miles on it. Last few days, when I make a slow left or right turn, I get a vibration from the rear. Did anyboby had the same problem? If so, what was the remedy? Any help is appriciated.

Thanks
Mike
My 2005 CRV rear differential was making a lot of noise on left/right turns. The Honda dealer suggested a rear differential fluid change despite the manuals recommendation to perform this service at 90,000 miles. The service eventually required additional work: Burnish the rear differential clutches. Total expense was around $200 which was not pleasant but better than the alternative plan which was to trade it in if the 4WD sytem diagnosis was worse. I may write to Honda concerning their overly optimistic recommendation of needing rear differential fluid changes at 90,000 miles. It makes me really wonder about their 10,000 mile oil change recommendation, etc.
aggreX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
crvgal
AF Newbie

My 2002 CRV vibrates on turns and acceleration...I've had the rear-differential fluid flushed with no change. The shop says that it could be a seized u-joint but the only way to confirm this is to take the whole drift shaft apart and investigate. Is there anything else it could be??
crvgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
aggreX
AF Newbie

Update: CRV is currently 64,000+ miles and I am beginning to hear rub-a-dub noises again from the rear differential when the vehicle corners left or right. If it gets any louder I might have to get the fluid changed or burnish the clutches again
aggreX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
ZGD
AF Newbie

2007 CR-V 4WD Vibration is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekwon1970

Thanks
Mike
I have my 07' CR-V differencial fluid changed at Honda service today. The slow turning vibration is gone immediately on the test driving after the oil changed. In the test driving with technician, there was sometimes a very short vibration happened at the begining of turn. But he said it was normal. The differencial fluid change is covered by warranty, and Honda supplied update oil for this problem. So if you have a turning vibration, don't be hesitate to get this update oil.
The update oil suppose to have a interval of 48,000 Km as the technician said. I'll see how long the new oil can go. The old oil worked only 20,000 Km.
Good luck,
Gordon
ZGD is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V