Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Dirt Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:14 PM   #1
smith60033
AF Newbie

Bought a used KE 100 1990

I just purchased a used ke 100 from a guy on ebay. I got the bike and a helmet and title. I just bought insurance for it too. What else do I need to ride it on the street? Everything on the bike is street legal and ready to go. I need to know how much license plates costs and learners permit for it. How much do they cost and what things do I need to bring to the DMV? Thanks
Justin
smith60033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
RoostRider
AF Newbie

Re: Bought a used KE 100 1990

ummmm, thats a little hard to say, being as we have no idea where you are. Each state has different prices, rules, requirements.

Call your DMV and ask them.
RoostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
smith600f4i
AF Newbie

another question

hey i found out that plates and everything costs 155 dollars for some reason but thats what it was ....also on my bike the lights are real dim and the turn signals do not blink when i turn them on they just stay lit?? Any solutions? Do i need a new headlight or a new battery? THANKS
Also on the 1990 ke100 do i have to buy a whole new headlight or can i put bulbs in it? Thanks
J
smith600f4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:38 AM   #4
RoostRider
AF Newbie

I don't know your specific bike, but. The dim light and non-blinking turn signals may well be from the same cause. Some turn signal relays use heat sensitive breakers, when the light comes on, it heats up, turns the light off, then cools down, the light goes back on (repeat). With this style relay, if the turn signals don't get enough power, they may not blink (it doesn't heat up enough to turn off)... This could also be your cause for a dim headlight.

Check the battery to be sure it is not draining the system (does the battery work? if not pull it out of the equation... an auto shop should be able to test it). Check for partial short circuits (loose or barren wires). Check the output from your magneto or alternator against it's spec's (a shop manual will do you wonders.... check e-bay, dennis kirk and Bobs cycle supply (google))...
RoostRider is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Dirt Bikes