Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
Saturnal
AF Newbie

96 saturn i did something really stupid help please :(

Well i was buying my first car (just turned 18) and im kinda naive about cars and don't know what I'm doing when it comes to buying a car. Went on craigslist and brought a "good" friend of mine with me to make sure he wasn't trying to scam me. Found a 1996 Saturn SL2 for $500 bucks thought it was a sweet deal gave him the money got the title no bill of sale nothing... "friend" told me it was all legit.

Next day a buddy of mine looks at the title and apparently its registered in some womans name and she sold it to the guy who sold it to me a week later after he bought it from her, stupidly signing his name in the buyer section on title where he signs and she signs. So basically in the part where I'm suppose to fill out my name and stuff has his name is in it, but he never registered it so technically its in her name still... They said this is called a "jump title" basically i have no where to sign my name saying I bought it.. Its not stolen is there something I can do to go around this? How easy it to forge a dealership signature what can i do i'm lost... i can't get in touch with the woman who the title is registered to or the guy who sold me this car... i've been told there is many trick methods I can do but I just don't know I figure i'd find some experts here please help me I'm just a teenager trying to enjoy his first car...I'm willing to forge signatures If i have to... should i call up and and ask for a lost title? And just forge her signature as if she sold it to me? I mean the car is not stolen I've had it 2 weeks now and this is my last resort.

Last edited by Saturnal; 04-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Saturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Saturnal
AF Newbie

Re: 96 saturn i did something really stupid help please :(

do i have this in the right section? I'm a newbie
Old 04-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
inafogg
AF Enthusiast

have you called your motor vehicle in your area,they should be able to
tell how to take care of it
inafogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Saturnal
AF Newbie

Did that, of course they aint gonna tell u trick ways to fix this situation.. the best advice they gave me was take it to court... don't have time for it isn't there some kinda other option that I can do to work the system?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Scrapper
AF Premium User

it's his fault he had to get in his name or dealer name before he could sell that to you you have to go after him they'll make him do this and if you decide you don't want the car after you can make him give your money back because it was a SCAM like i say he had know right selling you that before tittle was cleared up. other thing is diffirent when you buy a car always get a car fax because just buying it you should always take it to a shop before you buy always do this and in get it in writing. but like i said it's not your fault on tittle and you will get or he has to pay you for car he did this illegaley so go after him.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW