Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security
Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
incognito41
AF Newbie

Swap XM for Aux Input in 2007 Honda Accord Sedan

I drive a 2007 Honda Accord Sedan with a 6-disc cd player and built in XM. My XM button says CD/Aux-XM. I don't need the XM so i was wondering if there's a way to swap out the XM and install an Aux input. i'd like to be able to plug in my MP3 player or my phone for music. There are conversion kits available but they usually state that it is not for stereo's with built in XM. I assume they expect you to keep the XM but I don't really need it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
incognito41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Swap XM for Aux Input in 2007 Honda Accord Sedan

For my '05 Accord I went with a USA Spec iPod adapter from amazon.com. After talking to many people and reading stuff online I settled for the USA Spec even though there are many other cheaper options. With the USA Spec you can have two aux inputs one being the iPod cable which gives many different configs, I went with the one that allows full control from the steering wheel controls. There is also a second input for RCA's, which allows for a lot of options. The unit is very simple to install, no radio removal required. It is a pain to plug it in but was worth it. With this unit you can still have XM while other makers do not allow both. I highly recommend it. The sound is SO MUCH better with the iPod cable compared to a 3.5mm. Plus with the iPod cable it charges the iPod. I just plug it in and leave it in the pocket under the radio. You could run the cable any where. I chose to drill a hole in the pocket and have it come out there. Some people choose the center console or glove box. Some good advice, make sure you play with the settings before you hide the unit away! I've also tethered my iPod to my phone for Pandora.

Here is a video from youtube that shows how to install a ipod adapter. Yours will be very similar but it will be harder to plug the unit in like mine because of the in-dash changer(I never use it or will ever use it again!)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDi4HuR3sf0
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullShifter For This Useful Post:
alsdock (06-12-2012), incognito41 (07-20-2011)