Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 07:10 AM   #1
p9o1r1sche

Fujimi redeeming itself? Porsche 917k

I hope we are seeing signs that Fujimi is getting off the 'rape the customer' wagon. I received the new Porsche 917K kit yesterday and can say I am very impressed. The engravings are sharp and have alot of detail, on par with Tamiya. There are many finely molded parts that replicate the tubular structure on the rear end. Molding lines look minimal and I didnt see any significant sink marks on the parts. The UMI decals look sharp with good hard edges. It appears there will be multiple versions of this car, as the 'Daytona window' is moulded into the body as are various other inlets and vents which may need to be filled for the various versions. There is not a complete engine, but the transmission, bottom half of the block, and top engine cover are rendered. I got the kit for $27 USD. Very reasonable considering the kit. I havent seen any other new releases, but if they are this good, I'll be buying more Fujimi.
p9o1r1sche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:24 AM   #2
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

I haven't seen the kit yet, but before heaping praise on Fujimi so they'll do better in the future... ....I have heard a rumor (and we all know about rumors) that the kit was tooled up years ago and they are just now issuing it. Does anyone know if this is a NEW Fujimi kit, as in freshly tooled, or has it been in their archives for years and designed/tooled years ago?
Old 12-30-2003, 12:05 PM   #3
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall
Re: Fujimi redeeming itself? Porsche 917k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoomMX-5
I haven't seen the kit yet, but before heaping praise on Fujimi so they'll do better in the future... ....I have heard a rumor (and we all know about rumors) that the kit was tooled up years ago and they are just now issuing it. Does anyone know if this is a NEW Fujimi kit, as in freshly tooled, or has it been in their archives for years and designed/tooled years ago?

Apparently...http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ht=porsche+917
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling