Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
blksuperman409
AF Newbie

2007 9-3 saab

i have a 2007 9-3 saab. yesterday it rained really bad and the streets flooded. when i came out to my car the water was up enough for water get get inside the car. i pushed the car up onto higher ground. i didnt crank i just turned it on so i can put the car in neutral. I let the car sit for a few hrs. I cranked it. it crunk up just fine. i reved the engine to drain to the water out of the muffler. it ran just fine. i drove it for 10 miles so i can dry the car. after 5 miles of driving in 1st and second gear it slowly accelerated even when i pushed the pedel down. after 2nd gear it accelerated just fine. Do anyone know if that could be cause of the catalic converter having water in it from sitting in the water? would i have to replace it or when when it drys completey it will work just fine. O yeah and now it throws the airbag light saying airbad malfunction. do anything know if after the car dries out the airbag light will go off. if anyone have and suggestions can yall let me know please i need help asap.....
blksuperman409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
edevo05
AF Newbie

Re: 2007 9-3 saab

You may have gotten some water in the transimisson because the fill pug is in front of the tranny and it is low to the ground. you have to get under the car to check the tranny fluid. check the dip stick to make sure you do not see any milky colord fluid, (that would mean there is water in the tranny fluid). if so drain it and refill. i dont think water in the catalytic converter will cause it to clog but you can check a clogged exhaust with a simple vacum gague. The air bag light could be anything you would need to bring it to a dealer to see the code. usually if water gets into any airbag ciurcutry you need to replace the part and possible wiring. I work at a Saab dealer let me know of any codes and i can try to help you out.
edevo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
blksuperman409
AF Newbie

Re: 2007 9-3 saab

ok thank u.. well i just got my car towed today. so i cant check it out.. i will let u know what they say...
blksuperman409 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9-3