Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tucson
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
nancy361
AF Newbie

Question need rear brakes

2006 v6 FWD tucson needs rear brakes....was wondering if i should go to hyundai dealer and get original brakes made for the car or just let my mechanic get whatever they use from auto parts store?

i recall when i had a 2005 elantra it needed new brakes and my mechanic replaced them with new but NOT OEM.. all they did was squeak, so i had them take them off and went to dealer and got hyundai brakes and they were great...so wondering with the tucson if it will make any difference with regular brakes or the dealer hyundai brakes..

anyone???
thanks
nancy361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
DSHornet
AF Newbie

Re: need rear brakes

I also noticed a slight squeak after I replaced the rear pads on my '01 Santa Fe with new ones from Advance. The only time I consider it annoying is when I drive into a parking deck. On the road, with windows open or closed, I don't hear it enough to let it bother me.

Your mechanic can get price quotes on brake parts and let you make the decision.

I tend to use Hyundai OEM parts when I can. The price from my dealer parts man is usually in line with Advance, Auto Zone, or O'Reilly, and I know they are made for the car. Example: Using a non-OEM oil filter can cause valve noise in an engine - I've heard this myself on my car and the wife's '07 Tucson. I've used third party filters on cars for a long time, but the OEM filters are best for our cars. With this in mind, maybe you do want to use OEM parts for your brake repair. Can't hurt!

Favorite saying:
"One need never apologize for exercising the Golden Rule"

DSHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DSHornet For This Useful Post:
nancy361 (06-11-2011)