Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drifting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 10:16 PM   #16
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Re: Can't wait for the next drift event? Try these on for size...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOclipse
wow he swatted siego all year during formula D! wooo, he is alot better then when he first started but im sorry the first iriwindale the only american that belonged was ernie, rhys barely had any angle and looked like a total amatuer, again i will put up 50 top drifters of japan vs america i still guarantee we will loose. hands down theres not enough seat time to be on there level. Its possible and we soon will be but rhys by no means is a D1 threat, yes he can qualify, but hes not even close to the consistancy of japan's. And yes alot of pro/stock car racing people get into it because they knew someone. im sorry yes driving a car is a talent. but anyone can practice and get good enough, 9times out of 10 the only people in racing are born in because thats all they know from growing up. im not blaming them but its a far fuckin cry from any god damn kid whos got a license and some real skill with his car to get the damn chance. hell even some person who may autocross his heart out and do it well, no team/car owner is going to just throw him a bone. you dont see very many nobodies in racing....because no one knows them. they go unnoticed.granted theyre are a few and i never said anything was completely anyway, and as to all the people you referenced...i have no fucking clue who they are, yes they may race for a living(making them a pro) yes they may even be awesome at that, but i consider myself part of the general population. as well as a car enthusiast...and i still dont care about those motorsports. yes i know they exist and even respect them, but i dont care about them. i dont aspire to be the next sprint car champ. Helll i dont even know if i could handle it. it would be scary as fuck. regardless.I like the fact that drifting can open up the door for amatures and people from the streets to get into motorsports. yes everyone is now at the level of trailers. but you know what. that doesnt mean a street driven car cant beat them.(its not about the car, its the driver) which if u do that u have a chance at a better car/more drifting which might lead to time attack driving and then track or other spots.(like Taniguchi/JGTC)

Excuse you?

-Open your eyes numbnut. Rhys Millen has some of the deepest angle in FD and is certianly a contender for D1. Inconsistant? What are you smoking?

-Rhys Millen deserves to win every bit. Hes the best driver with the most thoughtfully modded car.

-Taka doesnt have a Formula Atlantic Motor. And I dont think he has a 4AGZE either.

-The Privateer D1 cars are so much cooler than the sponsered cars.

-The Formula D Vipers suck. That Monkey dude can't drive for shit and all that Hubinette does is put it in 4th and mash the gas.

-This entire thread is retarded "look at me! I know that people drift in other sports Im so cool!"

-The U.S. sucks at understanding drifting, ITS NOT RACING, in Formula D the only time people cheer is when somebody crashes or somebody gets passed and instead of educating people what its about FD goes with it and will give the win to a pass over better angle, line, smoke, ect.

-I have heard so many stories about Bondurant its not even funny, and he is no where near good enough to be in Formula D.

That is all. I'm pretty sure I've posted like 3 other replys to this thread too and they always come up missing... whatever.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Drifting