Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
birar
AF Regular

Exclamation slips b4 shifting into 3rd?

i have a 99 saturn sl2 just bought it from a friend of mine he said its always done it since hes had it and the trans was rebuilt before he bought it 50thousand miles ago does it just shift bad or wat ive never been in a saturn that didnt have a lazy tranny it also has an engine light so im wondering if it has to do with transmission codes and it does the same thing if u manually shift it threw the gears it seems like it slips when the rpms get abought 4grand to about 5grand then it shifts and is fine the trans fluid is still red and doesnt smell burnt any ideas anybody?

Last edited by birar; 06-22-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: typo
birar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
birar
AF Regular

Re: slips b4 shifting into 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birar View Post
i have a 99 saturn sl2 just bought it from a friend of mine he said its always done it since hes had it and the trans was rebuilt before he bought it 50thousand miles ago does it just shift bad or wat ive never been in a saturn that didnt have a lazy tranny it also has an engine light so im wondering if it has to do with transmission codes and it does the same thing if u manually shift it threw the gears it seems like it slips when the rpms get abought 4grand to about 5grand then it shifts and is fine the trans fluid is still red and doesnt smell burnt any ideas anybody?
srry guys posted on the wrong saturn forum i cant figure out to delete this post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Swadeii
AF Newbie

all saturn trans have problems, this problem will just continue to get worse.

http://www.creativepro1.com
http://www.gifts.1wtg.com
Swadeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
birar
AF Regular

so will it eventually lose 2nd gear? and how long they usually last like that i bought the car as is for 300hundo and i drove it home 45 min it runs like a top for a few hundred i could put a used trans in i was wondering if its a valve body issue or a sensor problem is there anything i can to prolong it that u no of and do u no wats happening like is the clutches wearing out or is it just something else like a sensor?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW