Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
blahcomp222
AF Newbie

Question New LED blinker bulb blinking fast

My rear turn signal went out. a couple weeks ago. I bought a new LED bulb off ebay from china for like $1.50 shipped because I wasn't going to use the truck for a couple weeks so I could wait for it anyway. It matched the code on the OEM burnt out bulb. Installed it today and it works but blinks fast and gives me the dashboard warning by showing and hearing that it's blinking fast meaning that a bulb is out but it's not out, and if it does go out, I won't know because it will have always been blinking fast.
This is a 2000 ford ranger.
I put my OEM bulb from the other side in the socket the LED is blinking fast in and it's fine, and I put the LED in the other side blinker and it works but blinks fast. I really would like an LED bulb for $1.50 because they last like forever but do you think I should either pay like $8 for a better made LED or just get a regular non-LED bulb or what? thanks
blahcomp222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
blahcomp222
AF Newbie

Re: New LED blinker bulb blinking fast

I didn't drive it when I noticed the problems above (blinking fast but LED works). I just went for a drive and somehow it's fixed. LED is blinking normal speed but now the radio display flickers with the turn signal. Battery is quite new and never had a problem with it. There are quite a few 'radio flickers with turn signal' threads out there so I will read through them and maybe someone will post here also. I have a code reader device if need be also but I don't understand how changing out a bulb would do all this. The LED is still 12V like the OEM regular bulb and is the same part code.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #3
blahcomp222
AF Newbie

Re: New LED blinker bulb blinking fast

needs resistor or something with some cars using leds, can't use them or this problems happen. Switched back to regular bulb and works good.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General