Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
Gasparr1
AF Newbie

Red face old silhoutte 1995 A/C issues

ho to everibody, i have a problem on my olds 1995 A/C system. the problem is that everytime that i turned on the AC just feels on the sides not on the center, this due the centers one dont feels that are opened, this problem just started couple of days ago, can anybody had a similar issue like th eone that i have and can help me???

regards.
Gasparr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: old silhoutte 1995 A/C issues

WIll the center upper vents work if you use heat?.....the problem is not relevant of the A/C....it is just the fact that you notice it when using a/c because the air is directed upwards.
Based on the Transport diagrams, IN as much as vent control is done, the air is sent upwards as a whole to all panel outlets so if it goes to the side outlets....center should go also if the exit louvers themselves are opened, unless a separate duct is disconnected behind the scene...I do not have a clear picture of the ducts themselves. I do not think the silhouette variant to be much different. But just in case, the vacuum control relays are located on passenger side, to the left under the glove box.
bottom-left below
www.avigex.ca/xport/convenience_photo.jpg
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Gasparr1
AF Newbie

well, before fails like now once that i turned on the AC for cool i have to putted the controller on medium fan speed and wait around 5 minutes, after that i can move to the highest speed and it works properly. the issue now is that even i putted the heater still just works the side vents without the other ones be opened, there is anybody here that maybe have the way that the ducts should to work??

regards.
Gasparr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Baren
AF Newbie

I had a simular problem with my 1998 Olds Shillouette. I watched a video on utube how to change the cabin filters.I did and now the A/C blows harder out all vents.
Baren is offline   Reply With Quote