Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
JTeague
AF Newbie

Just Design Car stuff

Hi there, Love this site (The Automotive Forum) I've been a designer now for over 30 years. I have had the opportunity to have worked at Ford Motor, Mitsubishi, Volkswagen and have design consulted for many other OEM's. I am still actively involved in the design process and right now I am in the process of Designing and building an AMX 4 from start to finish. This fall I will be presenting the 1/4 scale model version in L.A. at the Automotive Driving Museum in El Sugundo on the 12th of September along with the AMX 3 that My father ( Richard Teague) Had designed 40 years ago. You can see the compleat design process on www.socalamc.com under my section (Jeff Teague Design Studio) I have attached a few sketches and also some Alias art for your review as well. I will post more drawings as I come accross them. All the best to all that have the passion in car art form.
JTeague

Oh Ya, Forgot to mention, SoCal AMC also has a section for Miss AMC contest that will be voted in this fall. Here is just one of are girls at www.socalamc.com that will be at the show as well
JTeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
-Janne-
AF Newbie

Re: Just Design Car stuff

Wow!
Great Illustrations!
-Janne- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
GirlBear
AF Enthusiast

welcome! Great stuff!

http://jowulf.deviantart.com/
GirlBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
PDQ VW
AF Regular

Absolutely fabulous pieces Jeff!!!
Love the line works (lots of education from those!)--the finished pieces are inspiring!

Since you have experience at VW--maybe you can tell me --why don't they just use the designs elements of the actual beetle and original splitty bus in their NEW designs!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR on them!!!! hahahagrrrrrrrr...

Nice to see AMC still on people's minds--I learned to drive stick on a Gremlin---and the Canadian AMC assembly plan is two blocks from my house--they build Chrysler cars there now.
PDQ VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
Blip
AF Enthusiast

Great artwork, thanks for sharing.

And your father's design work has always been special for me as I use to own a 68 AMX many years ago.

Can't wait to see more on the AMX 4.
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
JWTeague
AF Newbie

Yep, Just a few days till the show, Not that many hours left in the day, Every hour will count now. I just wanted to show you some of the process of how to get a clay model painted for a review.

Start with a fairly good clay surfaces first, It should be balanced as good as it gets.
next find a really good painter that knows what he's doing. A real must. Kenny O'Neil has been painting cars since 1982 and now owrks with VW as their main paint man.

A good base coat that gets a hard shell polyester coat on the clay. About 3 fairly heavy coats will do for the 1st go around.

Before sanding or the 1st cut happens, It's best to give it some surface filler to fill up pit marks and other surface problems

Sand it down with 220 1st and get your surfaces lined up and smooth

After smoothing it down to a 220 finish it has to go back for a lighter primer finish of 3 more coats.
Its good at this point to start mapping out your graphics of what you want when it comes to window and shut lines

Sand it out this time with 320 grit sandpaper and then after that go to a 600 wet for a real smooth finish

To the paint booth. The finish should feel like glass to the touch.
Wipe it down with a solvent and get ready to apply the base coat. Dark cool gray

That's it for right now. I'll post some more when I get into the detailing
JTeague
JWTeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 AM   #7
badboy00z
AF Newbie

How much does the clay cost and where can I get it? How much time do you have to work with the clay? Do you have to keep it moist while working?
badboy00z is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing