Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > Roadster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 06:13 AM   #1
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Fairlady 1600, 2000

Sure isn't a whole lot of interest for the beautiful roadster. I've seen a couple set up for racing, but those didn't really seem to capture the essence of it's primary intentions. Roll bars, racing stripes and SR20s may seem fancy, but these Datsuns were meant for a more personal driving experience.

I did see one absolutely restored to a gorgeous flaming red with sparkling trim fly by on the freeway, with a fitting white-haired aging driver, pipe in mouth, leather gloves in hand. It's unreal how much envy one man can possibly produce. Never before have I hated and loved at the same time. I'm currently in the market for a second car, and I may just ask this one neighbor to buy his rusting 1600. Who knows, perhaps one day soon I will be that man, wind in hair, at the helm of one of the rarest japanese roadsters that ever made it to the States.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 07:46 PM   #2
garraeth
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to garraeth Send a message via AIM to garraeth
I just posted in another thread bout my car. Now I guess I'll post about my friends

He just restored a Fairlady: http://www.mysportscar.net/Galleries...iGalleryUnq=13

And is now trying to sell it. (He may have just sold it because I can't find it on eBay anymore.)

Look at the "Detailed View" because he's written a bunch of notes and explinations of what the pictures are, and what he did.

--Garraeth
garraeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 04:27 AM   #3
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Wow, that's really impressive. I like the fact that he spent time on actual restoration like the floor lining and kept the car true to its original design. A shame if he already sold it. I could never part with a car like that.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
Spinal Cracker
Banned

It's a shame that this topic was last replied to almost a year ago. I currently own a 1969 Datsun Roadster 2000. It's in decent shape, drives well, and is in general just a blast to have. Any questions you may have I would be more than happy to take a stab at them.
Spinal Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 11:17 AM   #5
Spinal Cracker
Banned

It's a shame that this topic was last replied to almost a year ago. I currently own a 1969 Datsun Roadster 2000. It's in decent shape, drives well, and is in general just a blast to have. Any questions you may have I would be more than happy to take a stab at them.
Spinal Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 11:32 PM   #6
stevenf13
AF Newbie

I have a 69 Datsun 2000 and having some electrical problems. Heres the problem: When I turn on the park lights or headlights the tail light fuse is popping. I have trace the short up to the Dimmer switch. What ever is causing the problem lies after that switch. Can someone give me some pointers on where to look next. Are all the dash lights hooked to the dimmer? Help Please?
stevenf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 06:42 PM   #7
autoadventure
AF Newbie

ROADSTER...

I've got a clean Roadster ('66 1600) www.welcomeuhome.com/datsun I bought it from my Dad a couple of years ago - he's had it since 1978 ! I've got some extra parts for sale for it, too if you all know anyone who needs doors, hardtop, trunk, transmission, hood, etc...
I'm glad I found this website !!!

~Rob
autoadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
lglm8
AF Newbie

Re: Fairlady 1600, 2000

I bought a 64 fair lady back in 68.. I regret selling that car to this day.. always thought the 3rd seat set sideways was a cool feature :>).. I used to run with an mgb owner, and they both handled very similarly..
lglm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
gamerauto
AF Newbie

Re: Fairlady 1600, 2000

exactly i ever owned these cars too.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Datsun > Roadster