Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > Xantia
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #1
gaytrey1987
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gaytrey1987 Send a message via MSN to gaytrey1987 Send a message via Yahoo to gaytrey1987
Xantia: I want one, but cant find one in the US

Hey, if anyone knows where I can find a Citroën Xantia in the United States, please let me know....I am looking desperatley for one.

William from Missouri
gaytrey1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
Alces
AF Newbie

Re: Xantia: I want one, but cant find one in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaytrey1987
Hey, if anyone knows where I can find a Citroën Xantia in the United States, please let me know....I am looking desperatley for one.

William from Missouri
I own one, but it's sitting in Germany, while I am (currently freezing) in Milwaukee.
If you don't mind shipping costs and hassles, they are available in Europe.
Alces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
Sébastien Loeb
AF Newbie

The Dutch enterpreneur Andre Pol exports them to USA, however doesn't apply them to US standards.

See www.citroen-andre.com for details.
Sébastien Loeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:37 AM   #4
grecsy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to grecsy Send a message via MSN to grecsy

even if you find one, you won't be ablae to use it. the car doesn't match the U.S. and the Canadian rules. it's because the suspension and the brake system using the same oil. that's why they separate it at the C5.
grecsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
gaytrey1987
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gaytrey1987 Send a message via MSN to gaytrey1987 Send a message via Yahoo to gaytrey1987

In Missouri they don't have to apply to any particular standards, they only have to have a VIN# not be stolen, and have working horn and lights, LOL. They're pretty tame here about licensing requirements except in Kansas City and Saint Louis.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #6
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

I think there is more to it than that bro. Otherwise you would see skylines all over the place in mizzou.
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #7
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

So Gaytrey, did you succeed in buying a Xantia ? You should also buy it in South America, maybe shipping is less expensive (and you should even take it back by road).

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
karolisxm
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to karolisxm

hallo. Gaytray1987 if you can registrate citroen in your state than just buy it and on internet, or find a company whoo will do it. I'm crazy about citroen so if you decide something just contact me. By the way i live in Lithuania Europe. I own xm turdo diesel, xantia 1.8i, bx1.9 diesel
karolisxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
gaytrey1987
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamehonda
I think there is more to it than that bro. Otherwise you would see skylines all over the place in mizzou.
After some research, I've found that the Nissan Skyline and Sylvia are able to be imported into the US and registered in MO. They must undergo the usual inspection at a Missouri Highway Patrol office, be verified as not being stolen, and as being a "non-USA-standard" vehicle. There is a 27$ form that must be purchased at a Missouri Department of Revenue fee office, or from http://www.dor.mo.gov , for this inspection. Then, once these forms are filled out you must send them to the state along with a money order or check to cover taxes and fees, and about 8 weeks later, you have a title and it can be licensed. I have a friend who recently purchased a Toyota Yaris 5-door (not avail here) from Japan and had it shipped, these where the procedures that he used to get it registered once it arrived here. I think you will find that the reason there aren't more skylines running around is simply that people are ignorant. As a dealer, I cannot afford to be.

Will S.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #10
porsche777
AF Newbie

i would like to live in a country where citroen are not allowed.
I don't like this brand.
In France only old people buy citroen. It was trendy in the 60's
The suspension are kind of bad quality. often oil leaks, suspension parts broken. suspension not reliable.
This suspension inventions have something special, but still too complicated. Too soft for me. A coatch with four wheels.
The citroen exterior design is quite weird, some citroen model looks like ex soviet union cars.
Citroen belong to Peugeot. Most of the parts are Peugeot made.
But what i hate the most, it's this push. this dashboard. so big pushes. all this big push buttons, it look like made for handicaps disabled.
It look like 5 years old children toys.
No in France young people never buy citroen. they always complain about the suspension have an issue.
And this French cars, they can't follow the fashion. they are always curvy. lot of curve. never an angle.
they can't make somethink that looks high tech, with some animal effect.
always soft curves. they don't dare.
porsche777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #11
thetandycollector
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to thetandycollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche777 View Post
i would like to live in a country where citroen are not allowed.
I don't like this brand.
In France only old people buy citroen. It was trendy in the 60's
The suspension are kind of bad quality. often oil leaks, suspension parts broken. suspension not reliable.
This suspension inventions have something special, but still too complicated. Too soft for me. A coatch with four wheels.
The citroen exterior design is quite weird, some citroen model looks like ex soviet union cars.
Citroen belong to Peugeot. Most of the parts are Peugeot made.
But what i hate the most, it's this push. this dashboard. so big pushes. all this big push buttons, it look like made for handicaps disabled.
It look like 5 years old children toys.
No in France young people never buy citroen. they always complain about the suspension have an issue.
And this French cars, they can't follow the fashion. they are always curvy. lot of curve. never an angle.
they can't make somethink that looks high tech, with some animal effect.
always soft curves. they don't dare.
I will defend GayTrey and also say from another dealers point of view, and also a Missouri resident, I own two Citroen autos, an SM, and a Berlingo, going to add a third soon. Neither of these has had to apply to US standards so long as I license them in MO as a non-USA-standard vehicle. And yes, he is right, it does require a $27 form and an inspection in a state VIN verification facility, where they either enter the vin into the "MULE" system, or install a state assigned vin plate.

As for the above quote, I've never had any issues with the brakes or suspension on either of my Citroens, maybe because I don't drive them the full 10k miles a year that my insurance company says is "allowable", and I care for them as needed as regular maintenance goes. And, Citroen is stylish, in it's own way. And curves??? Have you not seen the old CX and the Xantia cars? Geeze, they've got angles all over the place.

Bill - Eagle Automotive

PS Gaytrey, good luck on the Xantia. They're expensive to get here. However, if you ever need it worked on, bring it by the shop on the square. After all, I only live like sixteen blocks from you.
thetandycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:45 AM   #12
porsche777
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetandycollector View Post
I will defend GayTrey and also say from another dealers point of view, and also a Missouri resident, I own two Citroen autos, an SM, and a Berlingo, going to add a third soon.

As for the above quote, I've never had any issues with the brakes or suspension on either of my Citroens, maybe because I don't drive them the full 10k miles a year that my insurance company says is "allowable", and I care for them as needed as regular maintenance goes. And, Citroen is stylish, in it's own way. And curves??? Have you not seen the old CX and the Xantia cars? Geeze, they've got angles all over the place.
I understand you people like curvy.

But for me things are diffrent. I m born in a place in France next to switzerland and germany.
Most of our cars are French their. means everything is curvy.
curvy curvy curvy.
You see in movies the Americans cars, sharp design, something wild, modern. strong.
The Japanese also this little susuki mazda the style dare, it's cutting edge style. Cars of the future.
And this citroen it's more grand father staff by us.
Many papy buy a citroen. papy with a beret drive citroen., very slowly.

If you see too many curvy, you want the normal modern staff.
Ok enjoy your Citroen.
porsche777 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > Xantia