Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
stanbell
AF Newbie

55.1 chevy truck

Hi, I would like to replace the gauges in my 1955 Chevrolet truck and do not want to destroy anything. How do you get the gauges out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:
stanbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 55.1 chevy truck

See the Chevy forum.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
leakeveakesia
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to leakeveakesia Send a message via Skype™ to leakeveakesia
55 1 chevy truck

Hi I have a 1994 Jeep Wrangler. It was originally a 4 cyl, 5 speed stock vehicle. I have since installed a 3 inch body lift, 3 1/2 inch suspension lift and 33 in tires. I have also put a Chevy 350 into it, the engine is a 1974, with an Olds th-350 transmission. I have left everything else still stock. I replaced the entire brake system with stock OEM replacements. I have two problems. One is the brkaes. The pedal is awful. I must press it down over 3/4 of the way to the floor before I get any pedal at all. The pedal I do get is very weak. It is enough to gradually stop the Jeep. there is no way I could stop in a panic stop if I needed to. I was wondering if you would have any ideas on what I need to do next to get brakes back into the vehicle? The other question I have is the speedometer/odometer no longer work. The cable is still plugged into the transfer case like it originally was. Thanks for your time. Jeff Smith
leakeveakesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Re: 55 1 chevy truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakeveakesia View Post
Hi I have a 1994 Jeep Wrangler. It was originally a 4 cyl, 5 speed stock vehicle. I have since installed a 3 inch body lift, 3 1/2 inch suspension lift and 33 in tires. I have also put a Chevy 350 into it, the engine is a 1974, with an Olds th-350 transmission. I have left everything else still stock. I replaced the entire brake system with stock OEM replacements. I have two problems. One is the brkaes. The pedal is awful. I must press it down over 3/4 of the way to the floor before I get any pedal at all. The pedal I do get is very weak. It is enough to gradually stop the Jeep. there is no way I could stop in a panic stop if I needed to. I was wondering if you would have any ideas on what I need to do next to get brakes back into the vehicle? The other question I have is the speedometer/odometer no longer work. The cable is still plugged into the transfer case like it originally was. Thanks for your time. Jeff Smith
Sounds like your brake system wasn't properly bled to remove the air . You might also have a bad master cylinder with the piston inside allowing fluid to leak by when the brakes are applied . Did the speedometer cable engage when you installed it into the transmission ? Does the end of the cable match the original one used with the transmission ?