Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
Triple G
AF Newbie

No electrical power inside tracker

Hello, I was driving down the road at 55mph and my tracker just shut off and the engine quit. I was able to coast to the roadside and looked under the hood. I have good battery connections, the four main fuses next to the battery are all good. I metered them and they all are getting 12 volts and they have continuity. I pulled all fuses from fuse block under the dash and they are all good.

What power I do have is - Headlights, flashers, and horn.

I have no dashlights, radio, or ignition. When you turn on the key no door open alarm, no dash lights, no start, no radio. I have checked at the starter motor and I have 12 volts on the main wire. I have been looking around the web and some people are referring to "Main Fuse"

Does anyone have suggestions on how to proceed. How can I test the ignition switch? I have had no symptoms of a bad ignition switch, the Tracker has always run fine.

Thanks
1995 Geo tracker
5 speed
4 cylinder
Triple G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
byrddog
AF Newbie

Re: No electrical power inside tracker

pull all under hood fuses . look for rust or oxidation at the fuse connector plate. these things are notorious for corrostion down ther. good luck
byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker