Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 09:27 AM   #16
TcarR
AF Regular

The thing to remember about top gear is that it is a fun and quite often funny program with lots of fast cars and crashes. However the opinions of the presenters, JC in particular, should be completely ignored cos he's biased and not a very fair reviewer. If you want to know how good a car is check the magazines, such as Autocar.

It is annoying to think though how many people take JC's opinion' seriously. The other week he took a BMW X3 off road where it would clearly get stuck just so he could slate it for doing so. It's made for the suburbs clarkson, not moutains and should be tested as such!
TcarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:32 PM   #17
zx4000
AF Regular

Re: Download the preview of next seasons top gear NOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcarR
The thing to remember about top gear is that it is a fun and quite often funny program with lots of fast cars and crashes. However the opinions of the presenters, JC in particular, should be completely ignored cos he's biased and not a very fair reviewer. If you want to know how good a car is check the magazines, such as Autocar.

It is annoying to think though how many people take JC's opinion' seriously. The other week he took a BMW X3 off road where it would clearly get stuck just so he could slate it for doing so. It's made for the suburbs clarkson, not moutains and should be tested as such!

Very correct point!!

I think tiff is much much better than him and has sharp perspective, even though it doesn't fit itself that he is compared to JC.
zx4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:10 AM   #18
amanichen
AF Regular

Re: Re: Download the preview of next seasons top gear NOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx4000
Very correct point!!

I think tiff is much much better than him and has sharp perspective, even though it doesn't fit itself that he is compared to JC.
Clarkson couldn't even properly launch the F1 in his review =)

But I agree -- Tiff seems to enjoy the cars he drives, while clarkson is more about either sucking up to a car, or completely thrashing it.
amanichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:17 PM   #19
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Clarkson is a great writer. I have many of his books and they are side splitting funny but he is not good as a car reviewer. Yes, he is funny, but he can change his mind very quickly. He said a few months ago that the CGT was the most incredible car he has ever driven etc. Now he says almost the same thing for the Enzo and almost shuns away the CGT. I'm sure they are both great cars but i couldn't work out which was better just by his commentary.
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:41 PM   #20
anund
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini magic
Clarkson is a great writer. I have many of his books and they are side splitting funny but he is not good as a car reviewer. Yes, he is funny, but he can change his mind very quickly. He said a few months ago that the CGT was the most incredible car he has ever driven etc. Now he says almost the same thing for the Enzo and almost shuns away the CGT. I'm sure they are both great cars but i couldn't work out which was better just by his commentary.
I totally agree.

The episode had way too little McLaren-time. I can't figure out why they didn't do something more when they had all the supercars there. Like lend them to the stig or something.
And by the way, I think the Koenigsegg CCR will beat the Enzo.
anund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:53 PM   #21
anund
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25
It is Rowan's car as the plate matches. Maybe we'll finally get to see just how bad his interior choice really is?
Not my first choice, but it goes quite well with the exterior IMO.

You can get a torrent to the episode here.
http://gear.viper007bond.com/getfile...53&via=torrent
anund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #22
Thorst13
AF Enthusiast

I don't understand what the fuzz is all about??
That interior matches the car and has a "classic" look to it.
Typical English.
Thorst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #23
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Not sure about the steering wheel. Can anyone tell if the red is suede or not? It looks like it
Old 11-06-2004, 06:14 PM   #24
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25
Mr B said it was purple, not red. The side seats appear to be some strange shade of dull grey or beige. I could use some better quality images before writing it off, but it doesn't look all that appealing.

You can sort of tell that the suede is not red when you compare it with the color of the seat belt release button.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:19 PM   #25
zx4000
AF Regular

So you guys don't have to download this absolutely amazing topgear preview of supercars included Mclaren F1. However, i think you already watched it. Just for lazy Mc enthusiasts.

Here it go.
http://auto.joins.com/upboard/pds/mo...percars_hi.wmv
Old 11-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #26
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Good point. Now that you point out that its purple it looks less appealing

I still think Barazi's Blue/Red looks stunning. I don't car what you guys say
Old 11-07-2004, 05:04 AM   #27
Mr. Bernoulli
AF Enthusiast

The colours are not well represented in that photo. In fact it looks quite nice.

In actual fact the leather itself is purple and the alcantara is more brown and less pink than it appears there.
Mr. Bernoulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 07:17 AM   #28
Thorst13
AF Enthusiast

As said before I think R.A's car look great!
It has a choice of colors I would never select myself but it has a special and immedeatly recognicable look to it.
I think it's one of the most "personal" McLaren's out there without pimping it up to levels that overall ruins the classic look of the most beautiful car in the whole world.
Thorst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #29
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

JC is very biased. I do enjoy watching him as i find most (not all) of his comments funny. I was also dissapointed in that edition because i thought it would hjave made sense for the mclaren f1 to do a lap time so we can compare the "blaire" cars to the "thatcher" cars. I was suprIsed about the zonda getting blitzed by the xj220?...it has less power and weighs more!!..how did it happen?...i doubt the veyron will beat the enzo as it weighs 2 tons...and in my opinion is pile a bollox!...i thought bugattis last supercar was awful. they needed 4 turbo chargers to get the same power as a naturaly aspirated v12 that the mclaren used. I mean a formula 1 engine which is v10 can easily create 1000bhp. Imagine the turbo lag on the veyron! Poor engineering, and now with VW at the helm, bugatti has gone full speed ahead to the most ridiculouse route to taking the mclarens claim of fastest production car!....ITS A SPICED UP BEETLE..NOTHING MORE!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:26 PM   #30
zx4000
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockrocket
I was suprIsed about the zonda getting blitzed by the xj220?...it has less power and weighs more!!..how did it happen?...

Actually, the Jagure XJ220 which was dragged with Jonda is updated version up to date so a little higher than stock in output.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1