Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 01:05 AM   #16
rcweston
AF Regular

Re: hesitates, jurks or stops at times when slowing or stoping or starting out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie View Post
Good news - And good procedures, too.
Peeling paint on a Lumina? I'm guessing that it is white, since there were problems getting the white water process paint to stick to the gray primer for several years at GM. The good news is that repainting with real, solvent-based paints (like PPG DBU) will solve the problem so long as all the poorly bonded original paint is scuffed down to primer.
Thanks for your help, and I too am glade it is working again.
By the way, you are spot on with the GM white paint job. It just peels off. The winters here in Utah have a lot of freeze thaw action keeping snow melt on the vehicle for long periods of time if it is'nt scraped off after each storm, but it seems that just water (rain) causes it to loosen and peel. (we get very little rain).
I was very surprised at the Recall notice about the valve cover and spark plug harnesses. This is a 98 and it is just now getting the recall??? Almost 20 years!! I would have thought they would have known about the oil leak onto the exhaust long before this!!! Too bad they don't have a recall for the horrible paint job. By the way, when I was at the dealer and asked about the paint, they said it was from the road salt used to melt the snow on the roads, but he didn't have and answer when I told him none of the other Chevy vehicles I have, had any problems with these conditions but this lumina.
Thanks again for your help.
Rex
rcweston is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina